Social media promotion
French language option
Job post writing service
Backdoorjobs.com is a niche job board that helps employers hire local part-time job seekers from various industries, including outdoor, hospitality, conservation, and farming, among others. The platform aims to promote short-term work experiences and inspire job seekers to find their true calling through adventure and exploration.
Backdoorjobs.com receives around 5% of its website traffic from Canada and offers comprehensive employer branding, social media promotion, and enhanced listing services, making it a valuable resource for local employers. The platform is also more affordable than some Canada-based competitors, such as Summerjobs.ca.
- Backdoorjobs.com gives employers access to a specialized network of both local and international part-time job talent.
- The platform has several job posting plans available to suit different hiring needs.
- The job board offers engaging job post writing services to help listings stand out.
- Employers can post short-term or seasonal roles, as well as apprenticeships and volunteer positions.
- Vacancies can be shared to the platform's Facebook page for maximum exposure.
- The "Basic Web Listing" plan includes a 1-week home page feature for increased visibility.
- The site's employer branding tools include logos, social media links, highlighted profile pages, and video embedding options.
- The platform receives around 5% of its website traffic from Canada and is a good hiring resource for local employers.
- Other features include banner ads, city directory placements, and minor content updates throughout the listing's run time.
- Backdoorjobs.com does not offer a free job posting plan.
- The platform lacks candidate matching and applicant tracking tools.
- Pricing is not listed in Canadian dollars.
- The site is costly compared to other local part-time job boards, such as WorkBC.
- There is no local contact support or French language option available.
- Listings aren't distributed to other job posting sites.
While we were unable to find any online reviews of Backdoorjobs.com, there are several hand-picked testimonials that Backdoorjobs has put up on their website.
3 Months Basic Web Listing
6 Months Basic Web Listing
1 Year Basic Web Listing
1 Year Enhanced Web Listing
Backdoorjobs.com vs. Summerjobs.ca:
Like Backdoorjobs.com, Summerjobs.ca advertises part-time jobs throughout Canada, giving employers access to a niche pool of temporary job seekers. While Backdoorjobs.com is more popular in the U.S., Summerjobs.ca caters exclusively to the local job market. Both sites offer social media promotion, but only Summerjobs.ca is available in French.
Backdoorjobs.com vs. CoolWorks:
Backdoorjobs.com and CoolWorks are both international job boards with a small local presence. While neither platform's pricing is listed in Canadian dollars, CoolWorks is the slightly more affordable option, charging US$139.00 per post, whereas Backdoorjobs.com's pricing starts from US$175.00 for a basic listing.
Backdoorjobs.com vs. Job Bank:
Job Bank is a Canadian job board offering free job postings and advertising full-time and part-time roles. By contrast, Backdoorjobs.com is more popular in the U.S. and only has paid job posting plans, making Job Bank the budget-friendly choice. However, Backdoorjobs.com gives employers a more targeted approach to part-time hiring.