Social media promotion
Job post writing service
Backdoorjobs.com is a niche job board that connects employers with part-time and seasonal talent in a wide variety of industries, including outdoor, hospitality, conservation, and farming, among others. The platform aims to promote short-term work experiences and inspire job seekers to find their true calling through adventure and exploration.
While the platform does not offer a free job posting plan, it is more affordable than other part-time job boards, such as FlexJobs. It also offers a standard suite of hiring tools, including enhanced listings and social media promotion, and stands out with its advanced employer branding and job post writing services.
- Backdoorjobs.com gives employers access to a specialized network of more than 75,000 part-time job seekers.
- The platform has several job posting plans available to suit different hiring needs.
- The job board offers engaging and energized job post writing services to help listings stand out.
- Employers can post short-term or seasonal roles, as well as apprenticeships and volunteer positions.
- Vacancies can be shared to the platform's Facebook page for maximum exposure.
- The "Basic Web Listing" plan includes a 1-week home page feature for increased visibility.
- The site's employer branding tools include logos, social media links, highlighted profile pages, and video embedding options.
- The platform receives around 75% of its website traffic from the U.S., making it a valuable resource for local hiring.
- Other features include banner ads, state directory placements, and minor content updates throughout the listing's run time.
- Backdoorjobs.com does not offer a free job posting plan.
- The platform lacks candidate matching and applicant tracking tools.
- The job board is costly compared to other niche platforms, such as CoolWorks.
- Listings aren't distributed to other job posting sites.
While we were unable to find any online reviews of Backdoorjobs.com, there are several hand-picked testimonials that Backdoorjobs has put up on their website.
3 Months Basic Web Listing
6 Months Basic Web Listing
1 Year Basic Web Listing
1 Year Enhanced Web Listing
How to Post a Job on Backdoorjobs.com:
Three easy steps for posting a job on Backdoorjobs.com.
Posting a job on Backdoorjobs.com.
Start the job posting process.
From the home page, click on "Employers Post a Job" toward the right-hand side of the page.
On the next page, click on "Submit Your Ad" on the far right-hand side of the main banner.
Create your listing.
Choose a job posting plan best suited to your hiring needs and fill out the online form with your company and vacancy information. Once you're done, click on "Submit Info" toward the bottom of the page.
Pay for your job post.
Once your submission has been reviewed, you will be sent a confirmation email and will be invoiced via Backdoorjobs.com's PayPal account so that you can make the payment online.
Backdoorjobs.com vs. CoolWorks:
Like Backdoorjobs.com, CoolWorks advertises various seasonal outdoor roles. While both sites offer advanced employer branding, each has its own unique features. For job post writing services and more nuanced job categories, Backdoorjobs.com is a good choice, while CoolWorks is better-suited to users in search of robust applicant tracking tools.
Backdoorjobbs.com vs. Adventure Job Board:
Backdoorjobs.com and Adventure Job Board both advertise outdoor, conservation, and hospitality roles throughout the U.S. While Backdoorjobs.com's pricing starts from $175.00 per post, Adventure Job Board offers both free and paid posting, making it the budget-friendly option. Both sites offer social media promotion and employer branding.
Backdoorjobs.com vs. FlexJobs:
While Backdoorjobs.com and FlexJobs are both part-time job boards, the latter is more feature-rich, offering applicant tracking services and dedicated account support. Of the two platforms, Backdoorjobs.com is the better option for users in search of seasonal talent, while FlexJobs is a valuable resource for remote work opportunities.
What does it cost to post a job on Backdoorjobs.com?
Backdoorjobs.com's pricing starts from $175.00 for a basic listing. The platform also offers enhanced listings and various banner ad options.