Social media promotion
Job post writing service
Backdoorjobs.com is a niche seasonal job posting site that aims to inspire job seekers to find their true calling through adventure and exploration. The platform advertises a wide range of outdoor, hospitality, farming, and conservation roles both locally and internationally.
Backdoorjobs.com receives around 7% of its website traffic from the U.K. and has yet to establish a strong foothold in the region like some of its local competitors, such as Leisurejobs. However, the platform offers a comprehensive set of hiring tools, including high-quality job post writing and advanced employer branding services.
- Backdoorjobs.com gives employers access to a specialized network of U.K.-based and global part-time job seekers.
- The platform has several job posting plans available to suit different hiring needs.
- The job board offers engaging job post writing services to help listings stand out.
- Employers can post short-term or seasonal roles, as well as apprenticeships and volunteer positions.
- Vacancies can be shared to the platform's Facebook page for maximum exposure.
- The "Basic Web Listing" plan includes a 1-week home page feature for increased visibility.
- The site's employer branding tools include logos, social media links, highlighted profile pages, and video embedding options.
- The platform receives around 6% of its website traffic from the U.K. and is a valuable resource for local hiring.
- Other features include banner ads, city directory placements, and minor content updates throughout the listing's run time.
- Backdoorjobs.com does not offer a free job posting plan.
- The platform lacks candidate matching and applicant tracking tools.
- Pricing is not listed in pound sterling.
- The site has a smaller reach than other local niche job boards, such as UK Part Time Jobs.
- Listings aren't distributed to other job posting sites.
While we were unable to find any online reviews of Backdoorjobs.com, there are several hand-picked testimonials that Backdoorjobs has put up on their website.
3 Months Basic Web Listing
6 Months Basic Web Listing
1 Year Basic Web Listing
1 Year Enhanced Web Listing
How to Post a Job on Backdoorjobs.com:
Three easy steps for posting a job on Backdoorjobs.com.
Posting a job on Backdoorjobs.com.
Start the job posting process.
From the home page, click on "Employers Post a Job" towards the right-hand side of the page.
On the next page, click on "Submit Your Ad" on the far right-hand side of the main banner.
Create your listing.
Choose a job posting plan best suited to your hiring needs and fill out the online form with your company and vacancy information. Once you're done, click on "Submit Info" toward the bottom of the page.
Pay for your job post.
Once your submission has been reviewed, you will be sent a confirmation email and will be invoiced via Backdoorjobs.com's PayPal account so that you can make the payment online.
Backdoorjobs.com vs. Leisurejobs:
Backdoorjobs.com and Leisurejobs both advertise recreational and hospitality roles, but the former specializes in part-time positions, while Leisurejobs allows employers to post full-time work. Both sites cater to a global market, but Leisurejobs has a larger local presence, reaching over 1.2 million job seekers.
Backdoorjobs.com vs. UK Part Time Jobs:
While Backdoorjobs.com and UK Part Time Jobs both advertise short-term and flexible roles, they serve different markets. Backdoorjobs.com primarily caters to the international adventure and hospitality sectors, while UK Part Time Jobs covers most local industries. Both sites offer employer branding, but only UK Part Time Jobs include CV searches.
Backdoorjobs.com vs. Reed.co.uk:
Reed.co.uk is a popular U.K. job board that advertises a wide range of general vacancies. In comparison, Backdoorjobs.com primarily caters to the adventure, conservation, and hospitality industries, only advertising part-time roles. However, Reed.co.uk offers CV searches and job email alerts, which Backdoorjobs.com lacks.
What does it cost to post a job on Backdoorjobs.com?
Backdoorjobs.com's pricing starts from US$175.00 for a basic listing. The platform also offers enhanced listings and various banner ad options.