30 Day Job Posting
60 Day Job Posting
Job Flash Package
Premium Job Flash Package
30 Day Job Posting + Engineering Job Board Network
Ultimate Recruitment Package
5 Pack of Job Flash Emails and Postings
5 Pack of Premium Job Flash Emails and Postings
Single Resume Purchase
*Several additional job posting upgrades, such as social media promotion, are available at checkout.
SME Jobs Connection is a U.S.-based job board that helps employers from around the world, including Canada, fill their manufacturing vacancies with qualified candidates. The platform's features include bulk job posting packages, resume searches, featured listings, employer branding, and targeted email alerts.
At the time of writing, SME Jobs Connection had over 940 Canadian vacancies on their job board, including faculty positions, technicians, and managers. While employers can opt to add their listings to the site in French, the platform does not display its pricing in Canadian dollars, making it hard to gauge its affordability.
- More than 7,700 employers use SME Jobs Connection to fill their manufacturing vacancies.
- Employers can post jobs throughout Canada, the U.S., Australia, and the U.K., among others.
- The platform has multiple job posting plans available to suit different hiring needs.
- Employers can upgrade their listing and have it featured on the home page of the job board.
- The site's dedicated "Intern Board" allows employers to advertise manufacturing internships and connect with over 190 interns.
- Employers can purchase the resumes of candidates they would like to connect with.
- Job posts can be added to the site in French.
- Listings are sent to over 4,4000 manufacturing professionals via email alerts.
- Several upgrades are available, including social media promotion and job distribution across the site's partner job boards.
- SME Jobs Connection does not offer a free job posting plan or trial.
- Employers are charged extra to view resumes.
- Most of the site's traffic comes from the U.S., making competitor sites, such as Techjobs.ca, better for local hiring.
- The Veteran, Diversity, and Social upgrades are only available for U.S.-based job posts.
- Pricing is not available in Canadian dollars.
- The platform lacks candidate matching tools.
We were unable to find any online reviews of SME Jobs Connection.
How to Post a Job on SME Jobs Connection:
Five easy steps for posting a job on SME Jobs Connection.
Posting a Job on SME Jobs Connection.
Go to SME Jobs Connection's home page.
On the home page, hover over "Employers" and select "Post a Job" from the drop-down menu.
Create an employer account.
Scroll down and fill out the online form labeled "New Users Create an Account." Once you're done, click on "CREATE MY ACCOUNT."
Create your job post.
Select your preferred job posting package and scroll down the page to start the job posting process. Fill in all the fields with information about your listing, such as the job title, company name, job description, and location. Once you're done, click on "CONTINUE."
Add upgrades to your listing.
Peruse the platform's job posting upgrades and tick the box next to those you'd like to purchase. Then, click on "Add Upgrades."
To skip this step, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "No Thanks."
Please note that the Veteran, Diversity, and Social upgrades are only available for U.S.-based job posts.
Finalize your order.
Review your order and ensure that you've selected the correct package. To pay by credit card, add your billing information to the online form and click on "Pay by Credit Card." To pay through PayPal, scroll to the bottom of the page and select "PayPal Check out."
Once your payment has been processed, your listing will go live on the job board.
SME Jobs Connection vs. Techjobs.ca:
Techjobs.ca advertises a range of local tech listings. While the platforms serve the same job market, SME Jobs Connection's audience is primarily based in the U.S., making Techjobs.ca the better option for local hiring. Both sites offer a bilingual job posting option, but SME Jobs Connection also features resume searches, which Techjobs.ca lacks.
SME Jobs Connection vs. Association for Manufacturing Excellence (AME):
SME Jobs Connection and AME are both manufacturing job boards with similar hiring services on offer. SME Jobs Connection, however, is more widely used, with around 7,370 more registered employers than AME. While both platforms serve the international job market, SME Jobs Connection has around 880 more local jobs listed on its site than AME.
SME Jobs Connection vs. Eluta.ca:
Eluta.ca is a Canadian job board that lists general vacancies. In contrast, SME Jobs Connection is a manufacturing job board with a global reach, offering more niche hiring solutions but lacking the local popularity Eluta.ca enjoys. Eluta.ca aggregates listings from company sites for free, but SME Jobs Connection only offers paid job posting plans.
What is SME Jobs Connection?
What does it cost to post a job on SME Jobs Connection?
SME Jobs Connection's pricing starts at US$329.00 for a 30-day job post. The platform also offers a wide variety of enhanced postings and bulk job posting packages, as well as additional upgrades.
How do I create an account on SME Jobs Connection?
- Go to SME Jobs Connection's home page, hover over "Employers," and select "My Account" from the drop-down menu.
- Fill out the online form labeled "New Users Create an Account" and click on "CREATE MY ACCOUNT."
How do I edit my job post on SME Jobs Connection?
- Sign in to your account.
- Hover over "Employers" and select "My Jobs" from the drop-down menu.
- Select "Actions" and click on "Edit" next to the job post you'd like to change.