Editors Canada's website offers a free job posting service.
Founded in 1979, Editors Canada is a national organization that provides its members with a variety of industry-related resources, such as seminars, online workshops, and conferences, as well as networking opportunities and publishing certifications.
The Editors Canada Job Board is designed to help employers find and recruit qualified candidates for full-time, part-time, and freelance editing and publishing vacancies. While the platform does not have an online dashboard for employers, it is available in English and French, which is a great option for employers in search of bilingual job seekers.
- Employers can post jobs for free.
- Employers can decide how long their job post remains active on the site.
- The job board allows employers to post editing and publishing vacancies in all industries of Canada.
- The organization is well-established and boasts over 1,300 members.
- The website is available in English and French.
- The site does not have an online dashboard for creating, posting, and managing posts.
- The platform only accepts paid positions.
- Job seekers are not vetted by the site.
- The site does not offer any additional recruitment services, such as social media promotion or email advertising.
We were unable to find any online reviews of Editors Canada.
Editors Canada Job Board vs. Indeed:
Unlike Editors Canada, Indeed is a general job board and one of the largest in the world. Indeed offers free job postings with paid options to increase visibility. Editors Canada is a completely also offers free job postings but lacks the additional hiring tools of Indeed. That being said, Editors Canada is a more targeted job board for the industry.
Editors Canada Job Board vs. Quill and Quire Job Board:
The Quill and Quire job board advertises jobs in various editing and publishing industries. While both platforms cater to the Canadian job market, Editors Canada's site is available in English and French, which might be the better option for employers in search of bilingual candidates.
Editors Canada Job Board vs. Upwork:
While Editors Canada's job board is for editing and publishing jobs, Upwork is more geared towards freelancers in sectors such as writing, design, and tech. Although both platforms cater to the Canadian market, Upwork has a larger reach with over 174,000 local clients. Upwork also has social media promotion services, which Editors Canada lacks.