Single Job Posting
5 Job Package
13 Job Package
Writers enjoy using this site as it is a niche job board with posts that fit exactly what they are looking for. Employers can benefit from free ads with certain package purchases, banner ad exposure, job credits with no expiration date, and email alerts to job seekers.
- Employers and job seekers in the journalism industry are able to connect more easily through a niche job board.
- The purchase of a job slot also gives employers access to the site's resume database.
- Some packages include free job ads upon purchase.
- Job credits purchased have no expiration date.
- Job seekers receive email alerts when a relevant job post is added.
- Banner ads can be purchased for additional exposure.
- Not all employers and job seekers use this site because it is smaller than other job boards.
- Very few hiring tools are offered.
A review posted on Sitejabber states that the site has been helpful for finding positions that perfectly fit what writers are looking for, compared to more general job descriptions on larger sites. The reviewer also notes that the lack of sponsored posts means that only the most relevant jobs appear in search results.
How to Post a Job on JournalismJobs.com:
- Navigate to Journalismjobs.com.
- Click "Post Jobs" in the top right corner of the homepage.
- Select your preferred pricing option.
- If you're a new user, fill in the registration form or log in.
- Fill in your job details on the online form and preview your job posting.
- Once you've paid for your listing, it will be set to live.
JournalismJobs.com vs. Mediabistro:
MediaBistro is a job board for media-related jobs. Pricing starts at $297.00 for a 30-day post, while JournalismJobs.com's pricing starts at $100.00. Mediabistro offers more pricing options and hiring features like post analytics and priority placement in job alerts.
JournalismJobs.com vs. The Loop:
The Loop is an Australian hub for creative professionals, including writers amongst many others. It costs $99.00 for a post, with only one advertising option available. JournalismJobs.com offers a few more features for employers like access to a resume database and email alerts to job seekers.
JournalismJobs.com vs. PublishersMarketplace:
PublishersMarketplace is a job board for publishing jobs. The website has a much simpler user interface compared to JournalismJobs.com and the layout makes it difficult to find links. A single post costs $395.00 but discounts are available when purchasing multiple posts. JournalismJobs.com charges $100.00 for a single post with significant discounts on multiple posts.
What is JournalismJobs.com?
How can I create a JournalismJobs.com account?
Hover over "Employees" at the top of the homepage and click "Create Account." Then fill in the registration form.
How much does it cost to post a job at JournalismJobs.com?
Pricing varies from $100.00 for 1 job post to $1,000.00 for a 13-job package.
How can I edit a JournalismJobs.com job posting?
From your dashboard, select "My Jobs." Select the job you would like to edit and update your posting.
How long will my job posts stay on JournalismJobs.com?
Your job posts will stay on JournalismJobs.com for five weeks before they expire.
Does JournalismJobs.com assist employers with candidate interviews?
No, JournalismJobs.com does not offer employers any assistance with candidate interviews.
How can I delete a JournalismJobs.com job posting?
From your dashboard, select "My Jobs." Select the job you would like to delete and click the delete icon next to it.
Does JournalismJobs.com offer assistance in promoting my job posts?
Yes, all jobs posted on JournalismJobs.com will be advertised through their Twitter and Facebook pages to thousands of followers.
Does JournalismJobs.com have a candidate database available?
Yes. Registered users with a current paid job post have free access to the database.
For users who are not registered, access to the database costs $100.00 for five weeks. If you fall into this category, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org, to set up your access and email the payment link to you.