Single Job Post
Featured Job Post
60-Day Resume Access
Package A (5 Positions)
Package B (10 Positions)
Package C (25 Positions)
Package D (50 Positions)
Package E (75 Positions)
Package F (100 Positions)
*Employers interested in Featured Packages or Banner Ads can visit the platform's pricing page for more information.
**All pricing excludes HST/GST.
Media Job Search Canada is one of the country's longest-running niche media job boards, boasting around 90,000 unique visits per month. The site offers key services, such as featured listings, resume searches, and banner advertising, to simplify the hiring process.
Compared to local competitor job boards, such as MarketingJobsCA, the platform is a budget-friendly option for employers in search of qualified candidates in the media industry. However, the site lacks social media promotion and exposure on other job boards.
- Media Job Search Canada offers several posting plans with discounts on bulk posting packages.
- The platform gives employers access to a nationwide resume database of media professionals.
- All jobs posted to the site are listed for 60 days.
- The site provides various resources for employers and job seekers, including career tips and media educational institutions.
- Employers can opt to have their listing featured at the top of the job category it's posted under for increased exposure.
- The platform is owner-operated, with management taking an active role in handling customer care.
- The site accepts a variety of payment methods.
- Media Job Search Canada does not offer a free job posting plan.
- The site doesn’t share listings with other job boards.
- Employers are charged an administrative fee to send their vacancy to the company to post.
- Jobs listed on the platform aren’t promoted on their social media pages.
- There is a C$25.00 admin fee if you need MJSC to post your jobs.
While online reviews of Media Job Search Canada are limited, the platform has a 4.4 out of 5-star rating based on the opinion of seven people on their Facebook page.
How to Post a Job on Media Job Search Canada:
Five easy steps for posting a job on Media Job Search Canada.
Posting a job on Media Job Search Canada.
Start the job posting process.
Navigate to Media Job Search Canada's home page. Click on "Employers" and select "Post A Job" from the drop-down menu.
Select your preferred job posting package.
Click on "Post A Job Ad" in the "Order" column of the table of pricing and packages.
To purchase a different package, select "Order Now" in the same column.
Register as an employer.
Once you’re redirected to the login page, select "Register" just below the heading "Employer Login/Registration." Fill out the online form and click on "Register" toward the bottom of the page.
To verify your account, click on the link provided in the mail sent to your entered email address.
You can then log in to your account with the credentials you signed up with, and you'll be redirected to your dashboard.
Create your job post.
Fill out the job posting form with additional information about the role, including the location, application deadline, job description, and compensation. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Post New Job."
Pay for your job post.
After reviewing your job advert, select "Pay Now" below the heading "$ Payment." You’ll then be redirected to the site’s PayPal portal. Sign in and pay for your listing.
Once your payment has been confirmed, your job will go live on the site's job board.
Media Job Search Canada vs. FreshGigs.ca:
FreshGigs.ca and Media Job Search Canada are both Canadian companies that target the same general industries. FreshGigs.ca is partnered with other Canadian job boards, while Media Job Search Canada doesn’t share job posts with other boards. Media Job Search Canada offers employers resume database searches, which FreshGigs.ca lacks.
Media Job Search Canada vs. MarketingJobsCA:
MarketingJobsCA is a niche job board that caters to employers in search of marketing professionals. While there is some audience overlap, Media Job Search Canada lists vacancies for the entire local media industry. MarketingJobsCA is the more expensive option, charging C$250.00 more than Media Job Search Canada for a standard listing.
Media Job Search Canada vs. Monster:
Monster is a general job site with over 350,000 average monthly visits per month, while Media Job Search Canada specializes in media vacancies and only receives around 90,000 unique visits monthly. Monster's posting options start from C$299.00 per month, making Media Job Search Canada's standard listing price of C$150.00 the more affordable option.
What is Media Job Search Canada?
Media Job Search Canada is a media-focused job board that has been assisting job seekers and businesses in advertising, marketing, television, print media, and design for over 20 years.
What does it cost to post a job on Media Job Search Canada?
Media Job Search Canada's pricing starts at C$150.00 for a single job post. They also offer bulk posting packages at a 30% discount for employers who want to purchase more than one job.
How do I create an account on Media Job Search Canada?
- Navigate to Media Job Search Canada’s home page.
- Select "Employers" and click on "Member Login" from the drop-down menu.
- On the "Employer Login/Registration" page, select "Register."
- Fill out the registration form.
- Select "Register."
How do I delete a job post on Media Job Search Canada?
- Log in to your account.
- On your dashboard, select "All Jobs."
- Find the job you would like to delete.
- Select the trashcan icon under "Actions."
- Click on "Confirm Delete" in the prompt message that follows.