Public Sector Pricing
Standard Ad (2 months)
Standard Ad+ (2 months)
Enhanced Ad (2 months)
In addition to the above pricing, jobs.ac.uk, offers targeted email advertising, boosting packages, and options for PHD hires. View their full rate card for more information.
jobs.ac.uk was started in 1998 by the University of Warwick's business division. The site offers comprehensive posting options for employers looking to advertise study, research, and teaching roles at universities and other organizations.
While the site doesn't allow employers to post directly to their job board, jobs.ac.uk does let companies submit job descriptions that are then posted by their staff.
- Jobs are marketed through paid-search marketing, social media platforms, events, and email.
- jobs.ac.uk has a "Jobs By Email" newsletter with over 110,000 subscribers.
- Universities and organizations outside of the U.K. can post opportunities to the jobs.ac.uk job board.
- The site offers a significant amount of purchasing options for universities, the public sector, and commercial enterprises.
- jobs.ac.uk will create a job description on request or allow employers to self submit a job for posting.
- Job posts in other languages can be submitted as long as an English version is also displayed.
- The site has received over 76 million page views since its launch.
- The platform provides employers with additional resources such as career trend reports, ebooks, and a blog.
- The site offers posting packages for extended job listings between 6 and 12 months.
- It may take up to two days for job postings to appear on the site.
- There is a penalty charge for preemptively withdrawing a job post from the jobs.ac.uk job board.
- Employers cannot post jobs directly to the jobs.ac.uk board.
- There is a word limit of 550 words on the job descriptions posted to the site.
jobs.ac.uk has received a 5 out of 5-star rating on their Facebook group, based on the opinion of 9 people. The site also has a testimonial page with reviews from past clients who have used their services.
How to Post a Job on jobs.ac.uk:
jobs.ac.uk doesn't allow employers to directly post opportunities to their job board. Interested employers should contact the company to find out more about their job posting process.
jobs.ac.uk vs. THEunijobs:
THEunijobs is an international job board that caters to the same niche market as jobs.ac.uk. Both sites offer employers a comprehensive list of posting options to suit their specific needs. However, THEunijobs lets employers post jobs directly to their job board, something which jobs.ac.uk doesn't offer.
jobs.ac.uk vs. Reed.co.uk:
Reed.co.uk is a popular general job board in the U.K. that offers job posts for as little as £89.00. jobs.ac.uk charges £220.00, with the site focusing primarily on research, study, and teaching positions for highly qualified candidates. Reed.co.uk has fewer posting packages than jobs.ac.uk, but allows for direct job postings to their board.
jobs.ac.uk vs. CV-Library:
Besides being the more affordable option, CV-Library offers employers services, such as access to a resume database, which jobs.ac.uk doesn't offer. That being said, jobs.ac.uk uses paid search marketing to advertise positions listed through them, while CV-Library only markets jobs through their social media channels.
What is jobs.ac.uk?
jobs.ac.uk is a U.K. job board that lists research, teaching, and study opportunities for academic job seekers. With over two decades of experience, the site offers a comprehensive list of posting packages for employers to advertise roles in a variety of academic disciplines.
What does it cost to post a job on jobs.ac.uk?
jobs.ac.uk's pricing starts at £220.00 for a standard post to their job board. Employers in academia, the public sector, and the private sector can choose from a range of posting packages as well as additional features.
How do I create an account on jobs.ac.uk?
Interested employers should contact jobs.ac.uk if they would like to create an account with the company.
How do I delete a job post on jobs.ac.uk?
Employers should contact the company via email if they would like to edit or delete a job listing on jobs.ac.uk.