Teaching Vacancies offers a free job posting service.
Teaching Vacancies is a niche job board that connects schools, educational organizations, and multi-academy trusts with teaching talent throughout the U.K. Employers can advertise a wide range of full-time and part-time roles at all career levels for free, making the platform a budget-friendly choice.
While Teaching Vacancies features user dashboards, targeted email alerts, candidate messaging, and recruitment compliance tools, the job board is quite basic and, unlike many of its competitors, lacks several core services, such as job distribution, CV searches, and social media promotion.
- The job board offers a free job posting service.
- Users can manage applications, shortlist and message candidates, and edit listings from a centralized dashboard.
- Organizations can add several supporting documents to job posts for a quick and easy application process.
- Employers can advertise full-time, part-time, and term-time teaching positions from nursery to secondary school.
- Listings are sent to job seekers via targeted email alerts.
- Users' school or institution profiles are added to vacancies to promote organizational culture.
- The platform features comprehensive hiring articles to guide organizations through the recruitment process.
- The job board is quite basic and does not offer featured listings or social media promotion.
- The platform lacks access to a CV database.
- Users need a Department for Education (DfE) account to post jobs on Teaching Vacancies.
- Vacancies aren't distributed to other job boards.
We were unable to find any online reviews of Teaching Vacancies.
How to Post a Job on Teaching Vacancies:
Schools or hiring managers interested in posting a job on Teaching Vacancies should create a DfE sign-in account to access the platform. Users that already have a DfE account should request access to Teaching Vacancies' services on the job board's account request page.
Teaching Vacancies vs. EducationJobs:
While Teaching Vacancies is a government-run job board catering to the local teaching sector, EducationJobs is powered by CV-Library and offers employers access to a wider variety of hiring tools, including CV searches and job distribution. However, Teaching Vacancies is a free job posting service, while EducationJobs only offers paid listings.
Teaching Vacancies vs. Eteach:
While Teaching Vacancies caters exclusively to the U.K. teaching sector, Eteach has a wide reach both locally and internationally, with over 2 million registered candidates. Of the two, Eteach is the more feature-rich option, offering applicant tracking and reporting tools, but only Teaching Vacancies has a free job posting option.
Teaching Vacancies vs. Reed.co.uk:
Reed.co.uk is a popular local job board that advertises a wide variety of general jobs. In comparison, Teaching Vacancies gives users a more targeted approach to hiring local teaching talent. While Teaching Vacancies is a free job posting service, Reed.co.uk charges £89.00 +VAT for a new customer job post.
What is Teaching Vacancies?
Teaching Vacancies is a niche job board that helps schools, educational institutions, and multi-academy trusts find and hire qualified teaching and administrative professionals throughout the U.K.
What does it cost to post a job on Teaching Vacancies?
Teaching Vacancies is a free job posting service.