There is no cost to post a job. What a client pays a coder is entirely negotiable. Clients can agree on a fixed price and release payment when they're satisfied with the job, or agree on an hourly rate with their coder.
When posting a job, RentACoder will prompt clients to provide an estimated budget for the project. If they would like RentACoder to assist in finding the best match, clients can pay an additional charge of $9.50 for the Recruiter Project option.
RentACoder is a cost-effective alternative to other talent acquisition sites for businesses looking specifically for coders. It gives clients three options for finding the right match: a standard free listing, assistance in finding the right freelancer, and contests from which to choose the best submission.
The U.S. accounts for 8% of Freelancer's web traffic, compared to countries such as India (±18%) and Bangladesh (±10%). It is a fairly popular platform among U.S. employers and job seekers.
- Pricing is advertised in U.S. dollars.
- Clients can target U.S. workers if a project requires American expertise.
- Free and paid options are available for posting a job. This gives clients a fair amount of control and flexibility.
- Freelancers prefer RentACoder because its 7.5% service fee is significantly lower than alternatives.
- Clients can choose between listing a project or running a contest.
- The platform allows clients to browse through freelancer portfolios to view their previous work.
- RentACoder has a live chat feature that allows for instant communication with freelancers.
- The site offers 24/7 support.
- Fierce competition for projects can mean there are often too many bids to look through.
- Projects can take a long time as they have to be inspected by employers themselves.
- Some clients complain that complicated projects tend to go badly or coders end up overselling their abilities.
Freelancer has received favorable reviews from employers and freelancers, enjoying a 4.6-star rating on Sitejabber. Employers cite the plethora of freelancers and bids, accurate coder ratings, and flexibility of posting options as standout features. Freelancers appreciate the low service fee and steady flow of projects.
How to Post a Project on RentACoder:
Six easy steps for posting a project on RentACoder, which is now Freelancer.
Posting a project on RentACoder/Freelancer.
Click on "Post a Project."
You'll find this toward the top-right of the Freelancer home page.
Enter all the job details.
Fill in your project name and a basic description of what you need to be done. You can also upload any files or images that may help to explain your job.
When you have completed these details, click on "Next."
Select the type of posting you want to create.
You can choose to post your project and receive five quotes, or you can post a contest and crowdsource ideas.
Set a budget.
You will also need to select a payment option or a budget for the freelancer you will eventually hire. Choose between a fixed price for your project and paying your freelancer by the hour.
Your budget can be as low as $10.00 or as high as $50,000.00. You also have the option of setting a custom budget.
Select the type of project you would like to post.
You can post a standard project for free or pay $9.50 for a Freelancer consultant to help you find the right fit. Once you have made your selection, you can review the details of your post.
Post your job.
After reviewing your job details, click on "Yes, post my project." A pop-up message will ask you to create an account with your email address before continuing.
RentACoder vs. Arc:
Arc rigorously vets their coders before listing them as available for hire. The same cannot be said of RentACoder. This always ensures a quality hire, but it comes at a price. Arc charges $300.00 to post a job and is also much better than RentACoder at targeting U.S. coders. Go with RentACoder if you're on a tight budget.
RentACoder vs. Upwork
Upwork and RentACoder are very similar job boards. They both reach a wide audience and are trusted by employers and job seekers alike. They both have free plans and offer useful hiring features. The key difference is that Upwork is a general freelance job board, while RentACoder is better at sourcing freelance developers.
RentACoder vs. Jobspresso:
Jobspresso pricing starts at $199.00, compared to RentACoder's project bidding system. They have a similar reach and both offer access to a candidate database. The difference between the two is that Jobspresso lists full-time jobs as remote work, whereas RentACoder advertises freelance work.
How do I create a RentACoder account?
- Since RentACoder is now part of Freelancer, you'll need to create a Freelancer account.
- Click on "Sign Up" on the Freelancer home page.
- Fill in your email address and temporary password.
- Check your inbox and verify your email address as directed.
- Enter your account details, including your PayPal email address.
How can I edit a RentACoder job posting?
You can edit any project from the "My Projects" page on your RentACoder (now Freelancer) account.
How can I delete a RentACoder job posting?
You can delete any project from the "My Projects" page on your RentACoder (now Freelancer) account.
What kind of freelance jobs can I post on RentACoder?
How do I find the best freelancers on RentACoder?
- Simply post a project on RentACoder (now Freelancer).
- Go through all the bids.
- Select the bid that best suits your timeline and budget.