Established in 2019, Careerin Tech Society is a Canadian-based organization that helps develop careers in the IT industry. Some of the biggest names in tech have used the organization to help fill their vacancies, and they offer a range of resources to support tech careers, including webinars, virtual job fairs, and a free job board.
While the platform is relatively young, Careerin Tech Society has a large number of U.S.-based positions listed on their job board. They offer employers a quick and affordable means of posting work opportunities in North America and provide features such as company profile uploads, optional paid advertising, and job search functionality.
- The site offers free job posting options for employers in the tech industry.
- Their initiative is supported by tech industry leaders, including Google, Microsoft, Apple, and Vertical Amazon.
- The platform hosts webinars and online job fairs to assist employers in marketing their positions.
- Job seekers can search for jobs in popular U.S. cities.
- All jobs posted on their platform are shared to Google for Jobs.
- The platform is more affordable than competing job boards, such as Authentic Jobs and Dice.
- Their sign-up and job posting process is streamlined.
- The platform doesn't offer bulk posting packages.
- Jobs posted to the site aren't promoted on Careerin Tech Society's social media accounts.
- All job postings go through an approval process which may delay job posting times.
We were unable to find any online reviews of Careerin Tech Society's job board.
How to Post a Job on Careerin Tech Society:
Six easy steps for posting a job on Careerin Tech Society.
Posting a job on Careerin Tech Society.
Select "Post a job" on the home page.
Navigate to the Careerin Tech Society home page. Then, click on "Post a job" in the top-right corner.
Choose your job posting plan.
You can either choose a regular or featured listing. Click on "Select" below your preferred posting plan to move to the next step.
Regular listings are free.
Featured listings cost $99.00.
Sign up to the platform.
Select "New employer" and then click on "Next."
Fill out the employer registration form.
Enter your company details, provide your email address, and choose a password for your account. Then, select "Next."
Fill out your job description.
Provide the platform with all the necessary information about your job post. Then, click on "Preview listing."
Once you're satisfied with your post, select "Confirm listing."
Post your job advertisement.
Finally, confirm that everything is in order with your job post order.
If you selected a regular listing, simply click on "Post for free."
If you selected a featured listing, enter your payment details and click on "Pay and post."
Your job advertisement will be reviewed and then posted to the Careerin Tech Society job board.
Careerin Tech Society vs. AngelList:
AngelList has an international presence and offers unlimited free job postings. In contrast, Careerin Tech Society offers free and paid job posting options, and operates primarily in the U.S. and Canada, although they do promote remote working opportunities. AngelList offers employers access to a larger pool of technical talent across the globe.
Careerin Tech Society vs. Authentic Jobs:
Authentic Jobs only offers subscription plans for posting jobs, starting from $149.00 per month. Careerin Tech Society offers both free and paid options for individual job postings. Their paid options are also more affordable, charging just $99.00 per featured job post, making it the more better option for employers on a tight budget.
Careerin Tech Society vs. HackerEarth:
HackerEarth offers recruitment solutions for tech employers, but it is not a traditional job board like Careerin Tech Society. The platform provides software solutions and skills assessments to help employers screen and place IT professionals. Careerin Tech Society is a more traditional job board where employers can post their vacancies for free.
What is Careerin Tech Society?
Careerin Tech Society is a nonprofit organization based in Canada that assists employers and job seekers in the tech industry. Founded in 2019, the site provides a platform for employers to affordably post opportunities to professionals in North America.
What does it cost to post a job on Careerin Tech Society?
Careerin Tech Society charges no fee for a standard job posting on their platform. They also offer a featured job posting plan, which costs $99.00 per job post.
How do I create an account on Careerin Tech Society?
- Navigate to the Careerin Tech Society home page.
- Click on the suitcase icon in the top-right corner next to "Post a job."
- Select "Sign up" from the drop-down menu.
- Fill out the employer registration form.
- Select "Create account."
How do I delete a job post on Careerin Tech Society?
- Log in to your CareerIn dashboard and select "Jobs."
- Find the job you would like to delete.
- Move the slider next to your job to unpublish your job advert.