Careerin Tech Society is a Canadian nonprofit organization that was founded in 2019 with the aim of assisting tech industry professionals in developing their careers. They are supported by some of the largest names in tech, and offer skills development, webinars, virtual job fairs, as well as a job board with free and paid job posting services.
Although relatively new, Careerin Tech Society has a large number of Canadian positions advertised on their platform. They offer employers a quick and affordable means of posting work opportunities in North America and provide features such as company profile uploads, optional paid advertising, and job search functionality.
- The site offers free job posting options for employers in the tech industry.
- Their initiative is supported by tech industry leaders, including Google, Microsoft, Canva, and Vertical Response.
- The platform hosts webinars and online job fairs to assist employers in marketing their positions.
- Job seekers can search for jobs in popular Canadian cities.
- All jobs posted on their platform are shared to Google for Jobs.
- The platform is more affordable than competing job boards, such as ITjobs.ca and BCtechjobs.ca.
- Their sign-up and job posting process is streamlined.
- The platform doesn't offer bulk posting packages.
- Jobs posted to the site aren't promoted on Careerin Tech Society's social media accounts.
- All job postings go through an approval process which may delay job posting times.
- All paid postings to the job board are charged in U.S. dollars.
- The site is not available in French.
We were unable to find any online reviews of Careerin Tech Society's job board.
How to Post a Job on Careerin Tech Society:
Six easy steps for posting a job on Careerin Tech Society.
Posting a job on Careerin Tech Society.
Select "Post a job" on the home page.
Navigate to the Careerin Tech Society home page. Then, click on "Post a job" in the top-right corner.
Choose your job posting plan.
You can either choose a regular or featured listing. Click on "Select" below your preferred posting plan to move to the next step.
Regular listings are free.
Featured listings cost US$99.00.
Sign up to the platform.
Select "New employer" and then click on "Next."
Fill out the employer registration form.
Enter your company details, provide your email address, and choose a password for your account. Then, select "Next."
Fill out your job description.
Provide the platform with all the necessary information about your job post. Then, click on "Preview listing."
Once you're satisfied with your post, select "Confirm listing."
Post your job advertisement.
Finally, confirm that everything is in order with your job post order.
If you selected a regular listing, simply click on "Post for free."
If you selected a featured listing, enter your payment details and click on "Pay and post."
Your job advertisement will be reviewed and then posted to the Careerin Tech Society job board.
Careerin Tech Society vs. Canada's Association of IT Professionals:
Canada's Association of IT Professionals (CIPS) and Careerin Tech Society are both Canadian tech job boards. However, CIPS only offers paid job postings while Careerin Tech Society offers both free and paid options. Careerin Tech Society also caters to both Canada and the U.S., while CIPS primarily focuses on jobs in Canada.
Careerin Tech Society vs. BetaKit:
BetaKit is a Canadian tech industry news site that hosts a job board, while Careerin Tech Society (CTS) is primarily a job board that offers services, such as webinars and virtual job fairs. CTS's job posting process is more streamlined compared to BetaKit's, which outsources its hiring services to Jobbio, a well-known job posting site in the U.K.
Careerin Tech Society vs. Dice:
Dice is a popular tech job board in the U.S that charges US$395.00 per job posting. Comparatively, Careerin Tech Society is a smaller, newer job board that offers free and paid job postings. Dice promotes job posts through a partner network of sites, while Careerin Tech Society only shares job posts to Google for Jobs.
What is Careerin Tech Society?
Careerin Tech Society is a nonprofit organization based in Canada that assists employers and job seekers in the tech industry. Founded in 2019, the site provides a platform for employers to affordably post opportunities to professionals in North America.
What does it cost to post a job on Careerin Tech Society?
Careerin Tech Society charges no fee for a standard job posting on their platform. They also offer a featured job posting plan, which costs US$99.00 per job post.
How do I create an account on Careerin Tech Society?
- Navigate to the Careerin Tech Society home page.
- Click on the suitcase icon in the top-right corner next to "Post a job."
- Select "Sign up" from the drop-down menu.
- Fill out the employer registration form.
- Select "Create account."
How do I delete a job post on Careerin Tech Society?
- Log in to your CareerIn dashboard and select "Jobs."
- Find the job you would like to delete.
- Move the slider next to your job to unpublish your job advert.