Founded in 2007 by nature photographer and videographer Gregg McLachlan, WorkCabin is Canada's self-proclaimed premier destination for conservation and environmental job postings. The platform helps employers fill their full-time, part-time, internship, and volunteer-based vacancies with top talent from around the country.
WorkCabin is competitively priced and offers a range of recruitment services, including resume searches, featured listings, social media promotion, and company logo branding.
- WorkCabin attracts more than 100,000 views per month.
- Non-profit companies receive a discounted rate on job postings.
- The site offers several job posting options and a bulk job posting package.
- Job posts are live for 60 days.
- Employers can browse through the site's candidate database.
- The Featured Job package allows employers to add their logo to their job post, and it also adds the job to the top section of the job listings page.
- Job posts are shared to the site's social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter.
- The platform offers a secure online payment process.
- The site does not offer a free job posting option.
- The site has no applicant management services available.
We were unable to find any online reviews of WorkCabin.
How to Post a Job on WorkCabin:
Eight easy steps for posting a job on WorkCabin.
Posting a Job on WorkCabin.
Click "POST A JOB."
You'll find this button on the top right-hand side of WorkCabin's home page.
Create an employer profile.
You'll be prompted to follow three steps to register as an employer. First, on the login page, click "Register."
Select "EMPLOYER" to create an employer profile.
Fill in the online form with your email address, company name, and location. Once you're done, click "SUBMIT."
Log in to your account.
Next, click on "User Dashboard," enter your username or email address and password, and click "LOG IN."
Click "Post Job."
To start the job posting process, click "Post Job" on your dashboard.
Select a job posting package.
Choose your preferred job posting package, and click "SELECT PACKAGE."
Fill in the job posting form.
Add information such as the job title, job location, and job description. Once you're done, click "PREVIEW LISTING."
You also have the option to click "SAVE DRAFT" and return to the job post later.
Review your job listing.
Ensure that the information you've provided is correct, and click "SUBMIT LISTING."
You also have the option to edit your job post by clicking "EDIT LISTING."
Add your billing information.
Enter your billing and credit card details, and click "PLACE ORDER."
Your job post will then go live.
WorkCabin vs. ECO Canada:
While WorkCabin and ECO Canada both service the Canadian environmental sector, WorkCabin is the more affordable option, charging C$70.00 for a standard job post, while ECO Canada charges C$200.00 for a job ad. WorkCabin has a larger audience than ECO Canada, with 100,000 monthly visitors and 40,000 monthly visitors respectively.
WorkCabin vs. GoodWork.ca:
Although WorkCabin and GoodWork.ca offer similar pricing tiers for job posts, WorkCabin features various recruitment solutions that GoodWork.ca does not, such as a resume database and featured listings. GoodWork.ca does, however, reach a wider audience as they share job posts on partner sites such as RCEN, unlike WorkCabin.
WorkCabin vs. Indeed:
Indeed is a general job board with a global reach. WorkCabin, however, is a niche environmental job board that caters solely to the Canadian job market, which might be a better option for employers interested in hiring suitable candidates faster. Indeed offers applicant management tools such as candidate messaging that WorkCabin lacks.
What is WorkCabin?
WorkCabin is a conservation job board designed to connect employers with job seekers in the conservation and environmental sectors of Canada.
What does it cost to post a job on WorkCabin?
WorkCabin's pricing starts at C$70.00 for a standard job post. The platform also offers discounted rates for non-profits, as well as bulk job posting packages.
How do I create a WorkCabin account?
- Navigate to WorkCabin's home page.
- Click on the profile icon on the right-hand side and select "Register."
- Select "EMPLOYER" and fill in the online form.
- Click "SUBMIT" to create an employer profile.
How do I delete a job post on WorkCabin?
On your dashboard, click "Manage Jobs" on the left-hand side. Then, select "Delete" next to the job post you'd like to remove.