Austerity Rate/ Volunteer Groups/ Individuals
Senior/ Hard-to-Fill Positions
Commercial/ Institutional Rate
Above Rates Plus Partner Sites and Social Media
Above Rates Plus Paid, Targeted Social Media Promotion
*The Canadian Environmental Network offers an honor system for employers who cannot afford to pay the placement fee. If an employer cannot pay, they can choose the "Can't pay" option and explain their situation in the comment section after which RCEN will make a decision to post the ad for free.
RCEN is an independent, nonpartisan organization that supports environmental NGOs with networking and communication services and opportunities.
RCEN acts as a bridge between large and small environmental groups and individuals. The platform assists employers with hiring qualified candidates through its dedicated Goodwork job board.
- The organization allows small companies that cannot afford to advertise their vacancies to place ads for free.
- The site is available in French and English.
- The platform offers a one-step job posting process.
- The platform hosts networking and recruitment events where employers can meet potential candidates.
- Offers numerous provincial affiliate networks that employers in search of candidates can connect to.
- Job posts are categorized according to job levels, volunteer, and paid work.
- Jobs are shared to the organization's social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google Bookmarks.
- Job posts are linked to GoodWork.ca, a green job posting site that has been operating in Canada since 2001.
- The platform does not specify how long job posts are active.
- Employers have to pay extra for job posts to be shared to partner sites and social media.
- Postings are subject to approval by RCEN staff members.
We were unable to find any reviews of the RCEN Goodwork job board, but you can visit GoodWork.ca's website for client testimonials.
How to Post a Job on the RCEN Goodwork Job Board:
Four easy steps for posting a job on the RCEN Goodwork job board.
Posting a Job on the RCEN Goodwork job board.
Select "Goodwork Opportunities."
On the home page, click on "Get Involved" in the header, and click on "Goodwork Opportunities" in the drop-down menu.
Click on "Post a Job."
Click on "Post a Job" next to the Jobs heading.
Enter your job posting details.
Complete the job details on the online form and submit it for approval. Once the ad is approved and payment received, your job posting will appear on the job board.
RCEN Goodwork Job Board vs. ECO Canada Job Board:
While ECO Canada is a Canadian nonprofit environmental organization, RCEN is an independent organization that supports different nonprofit organizations to reach their goals. Both offer similar recruitment features, but the RCEN Goodwork job board does not offer HR solutions, while ECO Canada's job board does.
RCEN Goodwork Job Board vs. Malakye:
While the RCEN Goodwork job board is an environmental job board, Malakye is a niche recruitment site for employers and job seekers in the outdoor and lifestyle sectors. The RCEN Goodwork job board is a Canadian job posting site, while Malakye is based in the U.S., but posts jobs in Canada. Job posts on the former are much cheaper compared to Malakye.
RCEN Goodwork Job Board vs. Idealist:
While Idealist is a nonprofit organization that helps employees advance their social impact careers, the RCEN Goodwork job board only focuses on environmental recruitment. RCEN only operates in Canada, while Idealist has a network of 130,000 organizations around the world. Job posts are free for non-U.S. companies, while the RCEN Goodwork job board's pricing starts at C$30.00 per job post.