Despite being founded in the U.S. in 2002, GitHub has 56 employees in Canada. Canadian visitors make up a small percentage of the total visits to the site, making this site less effective when searching for Canadian candidates.
GitHub charges US$450.00 for a standard job post.
GitHub Jobs makes posting your vacancy easy with a straightforward process. Pricing is expensive compared to similar job boards, but GitHub has a large network of IT professionals who are familiar with the brand.
- Job seekers in the IT industry are already familiar with the GitHub brand, meaning employers have access to a large but niche audience.
- The process for posting a job is simple and straightforward.
- Job posts go live immediately once payment has been made.
- The website is easy to navigate for both employers and job seekers.
- Useful quick links are included at the bottom of the home page to help categorize jobs.
- The posting price is expensive compared to similar job boards.
- There are no hiring services on offer such as applicant tracking, sponsored posts, or an employer dashboard.
- Pricing is only available in U.S. dollars.
- The website is not available in French.
We were unable to find reviews for GitHub online.
How to Post a Job on GitHub Jobs:
Four easy steps for posting a job on GitHub Jobs.
Posting a Job on GitHub Jobs.
Click "Post a job" on the home page.
Navigate to the GitHub Jobs home page and click "Post a job" in the top right corner of the page.
Sign in to GitHub.
You will be prompted to sign in to your GitHub account. If you do not have an account yet, click "Create an account" to join GitHub.
To create a GitHub account, you will have to enter a username, provide your email address, and create a password.
Verify your account and click "Create account."
Next, you will need to verify your email address. You will be sent an email to do so.
Create a job post.
Once you've signed in, you can create a job posting. Enter the job details and click "Preview Job" to review your listing.
Publish your job post.
After reviewing and, if necessary, modifying your job ad, click "Continue to payment." Enter your billing information and select "Publish Job." Your listing goes live immediately after payment has been made.
GitHub vs. Indeed:
Indeed is a branch of the largest online job board, Indeed. It is free to post a job, with the option to sponsor a post. GitHub charges $450.00 per job post with no other hiring tools, making it more expensive than Indeed. GitHub is well known by IT professionals, but Indeed is certainly more well-known.
GitHub vs. CareerBuilder:
CareerBuilder is a platform for Canadian job boards, while GitHub is an international job board. The two boards have similar starting prices, but CareerBuilder offers more packages as well as resume searching. CareerBuilder also offers features such as resume database access and candidate matching, which GitHub does not.
GitHub vs. Dice:
Dice is a technology job board, similarly to GitHub. Dice offers more posting packages with pricing starting at US$395.00. This makes Dice cheaper and better value for money, as they offer features such as candidate matching, exposure on thousands of other websites, and applicant tracking.
How can I use GitHub Jobs?
GitHub is a web-based hosting service for version control using Git. GitHub Jobs is used for job postings.
Is GitHub Jobs free to use?
A job posting on GitHub Jobs costs US$450.00.
How can I create a GitHub Jobs account?
- Click "Post a job" in the top right corner of the homepage.
- Select "Create Account."
- Fill in the online form to post a job to GitHub Jobs.
Can I delete a job on GitHub Jobs?
Yes, you can delete a job on GitHub. You can do so by following these steps:
- Go to your GitHub Jobs dashboard.
- Select the job you would like to remove.
- Click the "Delete" icon alongside it.
How can I edit a job on GitHub Jobs?
- Go to your GitHub Jobs dashboard.
- Select the job you would like to edit under "All Jobs" and make your changes.