GitHub Jobs used to charge US$450.00 for a standard job post.
GitHub Jobs had a straightforward job posting process. Pricing was expensive relative to similar hiring platforms. GitHub Jobs was nevertheless an attractive portal for advertising vacancies given GitHub's large network of IT professionals.
However, GitHub shut down their job site in 2021 as, according to GitHub, most of the listings on the site were also listed on other platforms and developers using GitHub increasingly looked to other sites when searching for job opportunities.
- GitHub Jobs provided access to a large, niche audience.
- The process for posting a job was simple and straightforward.
- Job posts went live immediately once the payment had been made.
- The website was easy to navigate for both employers and job seekers.
- The site had helpful quick links at the bottom of the home page to help job seekers find positions faster.
- The posting price was expensive compared to similar job boards.
- GitHub Jobs did not offer any additional hiring services, such as applicant tracking, sponsored posts, or an employer dashboard.
- Pricing was only available in U.S. dollars.
- The website was not available in French.
We were unable to find reviews for GitHub online.
GitHub Jobs vs. Indeed:
Indeed is a branch of the largest online job board, Indeed. It is free to post a job, with the option to sponsor a post. GitHub charged $450.00 per job post with no other hiring tools, which made it a feature-sparse, rather expensive option compared to Indeed.
GitHub Jobs vs. CareerBuilder:
CareerBuilder is a general job site with a regional page for Canadian users, while GitHub was a niche job board that catered to an international audience. The two boards had similar starting prices, but CareerBuilder also offers features such as resume database access and candidate matching, which GitHub Jobs didn't.
GitHub Jobs vs. Dice:
Dice is a technology job board, just as GitHub Jobs was. With more posting packages and a lower starting price than GitHub Jobs used to offer, Dice is a great alternative option for reaching a niche, tech audience.
Jan 01, 2008
88 Colin P Kelly Jr St., San Francisco, CA 94107 USA
Number of Employees