GitHub Jobs used to charge $450.00 for a standard job post.
GitHub Jobs had a straightforward job posting process. Pricing was expensive relative to similar hiring platforms. GitHub Jobs was nevertheless an attractive portal for advertising vacancies given GitHub's large network of IT professionals.
However, GitHub shut down their job site in 2021 as, according to GitHub, most of the listings on the site were also listed on other platforms and developers using GitHub increasingly looked to other sites when searching for job opportunities.
- GitHub Jobs provided access to a large, niche audience.
- The process for posting a job was simple and straightforward.
- The site had helpful quick links at the bottom of the home page to help job seekers find positions faster.
- Customer support was available at any time.
- Job listings went live immediately.
- The posting price was expensive compared to similar platforms.
- There were no hiring services on offer, such as applicant tracking, sponsored posts, or an employer dashboard.
- Users had to log in to make inquiries.
We were unable to find reviews for GitHub Jobs online.
GitHub Jobs vs. Indeed:
Indeed is the largest online job board. It is free to post a job, with the option to sponsor a post for more visibility. GitHub Jobs charged $450.00 per job post with no other hiring tools, which made it a rather expensive option compared to Indeed.
GitHub Jobs vs. Dice:
Dice is a technology job board, just as GitHub Jobs was. With more posting packages and a lower starting price than GitHub Jobs used to offer, Dice is a great alternative option for reaching a niche, tech audience.
GitHub Jobs vs. LinkedIn:
LinkedIn is a professional social network that lists a wide range of general roles. By contrast, GitHub Jobs only offered job posting with no other hiring support. LinkedIn offers more valuable features to aid the hiring process than GitHub Jobs did, and its free job posting plan makes it a cost-effective solution.
Jan 01, 2008
88 Colin P Kelly Jr St., San Francisco, CA 94107
Number of Employees