Free and paid options.
Social media promotion
Resume database access
VeteranJobListings.com is a niche job posting site that advertises a wide variety of vacancies aimed at military veterans, in industries such as logistics, retail, security, construction, and more. Thanks to its free job posting plan, the platform is an affordable resource for companies in search of ex-military talent.
While the platform caters exclusively to the veteran job market, it is rather basic and lacks advanced hiring tools, such as job distribution, resume searches, and social media promotion. Employers may be better served using a more feature-rich job board with free job posting services, such as HotJobs.vet.
- The job board is used and trusted by several well-established companies, including Bridgestone, the City of Fresno, and Walmart.
- Employers gain access to a niche pool of skilled ex-military professionals at all career levels.
- The site offers a free job posting plan, making it an affordable alternative to niche competitors like Military Hire.
- The paid posting plan adds listings to the platform's home page for increased exposure.
- Employers can add their company logo to vacancies to aid brand awareness.
- Featured listings are search engine optimized and will appear in Google, Yahoo, and Bing searches.
- The platform has a quick and easy job posting process.
- Listings stay active on the site for 90 days.
- VeteranJobListings.com's job board is rather basic and lacks social media promotion, candidate matching, and resume searches.
- Vacancies aren't shared to other job boards.
- There are no applicant tracking tools available.
We were unable to find any online reviews of VeteranJobListings.com.
How to Post a Job on VeteranJobListings.com:
Three easy steps for posting a job on VeteranJobListings.com.
Posting a job on VeteranJobListings.com.
Start the job posting process.
From the home page, click on "Post A Job for Veterans" in the top menu.
Create your listing.
Fill out the online form with your vacancy details, including the job title, description, job category, and location. Toward the bottom of the page, select your preferred job posting plan. Once you're done, click on "PREVIEW."
Preview and publish your job post.
Preview your listing for accuracy. Once you're satisfied, click on "PUBLISH LISTING."
To make changes to your job post, click on "Edit Listing."
If you chose the paid posting plan, you'll be promoted to complete your purchase before your listing goes live.
VeteranJobListings.com vs. Military Hire:
While VeteranJobListings.com and Military Hire both cater to ex-military talent, only the former offers a free job posting plan. However, Military Hire has a much larger reach than VeteranJobListings.com, with around 60,000 registered job seekers. Military Hire is also more feature-rich, offering resume searches and social media promotion.
VeteranJobListings.com vs. HotJobs.vet:
Like VeteranJobListings.com, HotJobs.vet is a free job posting service for companies in search of ex-military professionals. While both sites offer employer branding and featured listings, only HotJobs.vet gives employers access to an extensive resume database of job seekers. Neither site features job syndication.
VeteranJobListings.com vs. Indeed:
Indeed is a popular job board that advertises a range of general vacancies. In comparison, VeteranJobListings.com has a much smaller reach but gives employers a targeted approach to hiring ex-military talent. Both sites offer a free job posting plan, but Indeed is the more feature-rich option, with resume searches and candidate messaging tools.
What is VeteranJobListings.com?
VeteranJobListings.com is a niche job board that helps companies fill their vacancies in a variety of industries with ex-military professionals throughout the U.S.
What does it cost to post a job on VeteranJobListings.com?
VeteranJobListings.com offers a free job posting plan, as well as a paid listing for increased exposure.
How do I delete a job post from VeteranJobListings.com?
Companies should contact the platform via email to remove their listing from the job board.