The Muse is a global job board with a host of jobs based in the U.K. The most prominent features offered by the site include the ability to create detailed company profiles. The site also has advanced job search filters that help candidates find job posts more easily, thereby increasing visibility and exposure for employers.
While the majority of traffic to the site comes from the U.S., it attracts some visitors from the U.K., and local employers may find great international candidates while using the job board. Large companies with U.K. offices, such as Visa, Shutterstock, and Slack, have used the site to find hires.
- Employers can create profile pages to aid brand awareness.
- The site helps companies build profiles that will attract both U.K.-based and global candidates.
- The site regularly attracts millions of visits.
- There are detailed filters for defining and searching for jobs, providing job posts with more exposure.
- The Muse integrates with popular ATSs to streamline hiring processes.
- Pricing is not readily available on the job board.
- There are no offices in the U.K.
- The site does not provide a contact number or email address for customer support.
On G2, The Muse has a 4-star rating based on a handful of reviews. One criticism of the job board is that its applicant tracking system is not as robust as more dedicated applicant tracking software.
The Muse only provides pricing information when you sign up as an employer.
The Muse vs. Reed.co.uk:
Reed.co.uk's pricing starts at £89.00 +VAT for a new customer job post, and the site boasts around 2.5 million active users. Reed.co.uk sends applications straight to users' inboxes and allows employers to create company profiles. In comparison, The Muse has a larger audience, but employers need to contact the job board for pricing details.
The Muse vs. Totaljobs:
Totaljobs is a large U.K. job board with a good number of hiring tools, such as applicant management, access to a CV database, company branding, and targeted email campaigns. The Muse lacks the aforementioned features but offers detailed company profiles that include verified testimonials from employees.
The Muse vs. Google for Jobs:
Google for Jobs is a free tool that employers can use by structuring the HTML of their job posts correctly or posting to a third-party site that Google indexes. Employers must post jobs on The Muse directly, but posts include links to employer profiles and employee testimonials. It could be worthwhile to use both platforms for more visibility.