Startupers did not charge employers to post jobs on its site.
Startupers was a completely free job posting site that was used by those looking to enter the tech field. Employers could upload job ads for various positions, including accounting associates, analysts, and app developers.
Compared to local competitors, Startupers offered great affordability and access to a niche market. However, the majority of the jobs advertised on Startupers were U.S.-based. Local employers who were looking for U.K. exposure would have had to consider competitors like Reed.co.uk or CW Jobs.
- Startupers was a completely free job posting site.
- All job posts were reviewed by a human being to eliminate spam and/or false information.
- The platform served as a great location to source remote, freelance, and/or full-time employees.
- Compared to local competitors such as Reed.co.uk and CW Jobs, Startupers offered a more affordable job board.
- To post an ad on Startupers, employers did not need to create an employer's account.
- Startupers primarily catered to the tech industry, ensuring that job ads reached candidates who were interested in the field.
- The website provided limited information and did not feature a language-translation tool.
- Startupers lacked robust tools that cater to remote employers, such as video conferencing and live chat.
- Customer support hours were not stipulated on the website.
- In order to post a job, employers needed an applicant tracking system and a Twitter handle.
- The majority of the U.K. jobs posted on Startupers were based in London.
- Startupers did not have the best reach and it lacked advanced features, such as analytics and resume database access.
We were unable to find any online reviews of Startupers.
Startupers vs. Reed.co.uk:
Reed.co.uk is one of the top job boards in the U.K., advertising a range of jobs in various categories. Startupers, on the other hand, was a U.S.-based job board dedicated to those in the startup industry. While Startupers offered U.K. exposure and was free to use, the majority of the jobs were located in the U.S.
Startupers vs. CW Jobs:
While CW Jobs is a popular tech job board in the U.K., it does not offer a free plan, and employers can expect to pay £199.00 +VAT for their first job posting. Unlike CW Jobs, Startupers was 100% free to use. However, despite having access to a U.K. market, Startupers mostly catered to startups in the U.S.
Startupers vs. Wellfound:
Wellfound is a free job board that is dedicated to connecting startups with talented tech professionals. Similar to how Startupers worked. However, Wellfound's U.S. reach is more extensive, promising better results. Unlike Wellfound, Startupers was a great source for those looking to employ remote workers.