There is no pricing listed on Jobs in Books. Employers and recruiters can view the packages and offerings, but need to get in touch with them directly to purchase credits and discuss the specifics of their job postings. Peruse the packages, then fill in an online form and an agent will get back to you to discuss your requirements.
Jobs in Books is a streamlined, no-frills site that offers a variety of posting packages and recruitment features to help employers find the best staff in the publishing industry. Clients can choose from basic listings to increased visibility postings and tailored options.
However, while potential clients may browse the site to view offerings, they'll need to contact an agent before they can purchase a posting. Therefore it may not be the best option for those looking to fill vacancies urgently or who'd like to manage their own accounts.
- A reputable site used by companies like HarperCollins, Bloomsbury, Pan Macmillan, and Yale University Press to hire staff.
- The site is simple to navigate and the posting process is easy.
- Jobs can be filtered by industry, sector, location, company, and company size, making it easy to find vacancies.
- The site receives over 16,000 unique monthly visitors.
- Job posts are emailed to approximately 21,000 subscribers and shared with 20,000 followers on social media.
- Branded postings and company profiles are available.
- Vacancies in educational publishing, libraries, museums, and retail have also been listed on the site.
- There are five different packages to choose from.
- No pricing is available on the website.
- There is no option to post jobs directly to the site.
- The site almost exclusively lists vacancies in the U.K., so you are limited to hiring local talent.
- The site is only available in English.
We couldn't find any online reviews for Jobs in Books, but the website has glowing testimonials from companies that have had positive experiences using the job board.
How to Post a Job on Jobs in Books:
Four easy steps for posting a job on Jobs in Books.
Posting a Job on Jobs in Books.
Click on "For Employers."
Navigate to the home page of Jobs in Books, The Bookseller's job site. Click on "For Employers" in the top-right of the screen.
Click on "Get Started."
Towards the center of the following page, click on the orange "Get Started" button.
Read through the listing options.
The site offers a range of different packages to meet your requirements. From "Standard Weekly" to "Tailored & Flexible," read through them all and decide which one is best for you.
Click on "Contact Us."
Once you've taken a look at the offerings, get in touch with Jobs in Books to purchase a credit, create a branded profile, and discuss your listing requirements.
When you reach out to Jobs in Books, they will need information from you to include in your job listing. Read through this page and write up all the relevant details they will need for your job ad.
Fill in the contact form and wait for an agent to get back to you so your listing can be posted to the site.
Jobs in Books vs. Creativepool:
Creativepool is a global job board that caters to creatives and freelancers. The site offers two free plans, while Jobs in Books only has paid options. Creativepool allows for direct postings and may be the better option for employers who need to post jobs quickly and cannot afford to wait for an agent to get back to them about a listing.
Jobs in Books vs. The Dots:
The Dots chiefly advertises jobs in the U.K., but they focus on jobs in the design and creative fields, rather than those strictly related to publishing. The Dots has a variety of plans and offers free postings to those advertising internships and freelance work. Use The Dots to find creatives, but Jobs in Books to reach a literary audience.
Jobs in Books vs. Reed.co.uk:
Reed.co.uk is one of the U.K.'s top general job boards that receives millions of visits per month, which is great for employers wanting to reach a broader audience. Those using the site for the first time can also take advantage of their newcomer discount rates, while there is no evidence to suggest Jobs in Books offer special rates to new users.
How do I post a job on Jobs in Books?
- Navigate to the home page and click on "For Employers."
- Click on "Get Started."
- Read through the listing options.
- Click on "Contact Us" and wait for an agent to get back to you.
How much does a posting cost on Jobs in Books?
There is no pricing listed on the site, but you can get in touch with them to find out more about their rates and offerings.