Employers pay a pre-determined amount when they accept an offer from an Airtasker. The money is then held in escrow until the task is completed. Task posters can set a budget that suits their needs. Airtasker charges a service fee of between 10% and 20% per task for all completed work performed through their website.
Airtasker is a platform where users can post any task to the site for free and get up to five quotes from freelancers willing to perform the task at a proposed hourly or fixed rate. Airtasker has reportedly had more than 2.1 million visitors since its inception in 2013, of which close to 11% originated in the U.K.
Because the workmanship of taskers on the site cannot be guaranteed, Airtasker offers U.K. employers insurance for on-the-job injuries and damage to property through QBE UK Limited. Airtasker is predominantly used by individuals who want everyday tasks completed, while competitor sites like PeoplePerHour and Freelancer are used by both businesses and individuals.
- Users can post tasks for free.
- Employers can chat directly to Airtaskers via the Airtasker app.
- The site offers a rating system for task posters and taskers based on the quality of their past transactions.
- Clients can get up to five quotes from people who want to complete their tasks.
- The platform is available on mobile phones and desktops.
- The signup and task posting processes are easy to follow.
- All work done through Airtasker is insured by QBE UK Limited and covers injuries to taskers and damage to property.
- Airtasker supports cashless payment for tasks.
- Online customer support is available.
- A percentage-based service fee is charged on all tasks.
- Compared to PeoplePerHour, Airtasker is the costlier option with a fee of 10-20% of the tasker's earnings.
- Airtasker U.K. does not have a customer support phone number.
- The workmanship of taskers is not guaranteed as taskers are not vetted for their ability to perform the task they are applying for.
Airtasker received a rating of 1.5 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot, based on the feedback of more than 2,800 people.
How to Post a Task on Airtasker:
Three easy steps for posting a task on Airtasker.
Posting a Task on Airtasker.
Click on "Post a task."
Navigate to the Airtasker home page and click on the blue "Post a task" button in the top menu.
Enter information about the task.
Complete the online form with details about the task, including the title and timeline, location, description, and budget.
Click on "Get quotes."
Once you've entered all the details and a budget for your task, click on "Get quotes" to post your task.
Airtasker vs. PeoplePerHour:
PeoplePerHour is a marketplace where businesses and individuals can hire freelance workers for a variety of projects. PeoplePerHour and Airtasker both have negative online ratings based on the conduct of freelancers. PeoplePerHour charges £0.6 + 10% on payments made to freelancers, compared to Airtasker's fee of 10%-20%.
Airtasker vs. Freelancer:
Freelancer works in a similar manner to Airtasker by posting projects for freelance work. While Airtasker only expects task seekers to apply, Freelancer also allows employers to access their database of freelancers. Airtasker is the costlier option with a fee of 10%-20% of the tasker's earnings.
Airtasker vs. Upwork:
Upwork is a remote work marketplace where employers can find freelancers from 180 countries. Unlike Airtasker, which is a general task site, Upwork caters to the creative industry. Upwork's basic project postings are free, while Airtasker charges a percentage-based service fee for every completed task.
What is Airtasker?
Airtasker is a platform that connects employers and workers who want to perform tasks for money. They are an Australian startup that expanded to the U.K. in 2018.
How much does it cost to use Airtasker?
Airtasker doesn't charge a fee for task postings. They do, however, charge a service fee for completed work facilitated through the platform.
Is Airtasker a good platform to use?
While some users reported positive experiences using Airtasker, many have criticized different aspects of the business.
Can you pay cash on Airtasker?
You cannot pay cash for tasks posted and performed through Airtasker.
How do I create an account on Airtasker?
- Go to the Airtasker home page.
- Select "Sign up" at the top of the page.
- Enter your details.
- Click on "Join Airtasker."
How do I delete a task posting on Airtasker?
- Go to your Airtasker account.
- Select "My tasks" in the header menu.
- Select "Delete" next to the task you would like to remove.
What kind of tasks can I advertise on Airtasker?
Employers can advertise any task that they need to be done on the platform. Airtasker lets freelancers decide whether or not they are willing to perform the tasks on offer.