Employers pay a pre-determined amount when they accept an offer from an Airtasker. The money is then held in escrow until the task is completed. Task posters can set a budget that suits their needs. Airtasker charges a service fee of between 10% and 20% per task for all completed work performed through their website.
Airtasker is a platform where users can post any task to the site for free and get up to five quotes from freelancers willing to perform the task at a proposed hourly or fixed rate. Airtasker has reportedly had more than 2.1 million visitors since its inception in 2013, of which close to 11% originated in the U.K.
Because the workmanship of taskers on the site cannot be guaranteed, Airtasker offers U.K. employers insurance for on-the-job injuries and damage to property through QBE UK Limited. Airtasker is predominantly used by individuals who want everyday tasks completed, while competitor sites like Freelancer are used by both businesses and individuals.
- Users can post tasks for free.
- Employers can chat directly to Airtaskers via the platform's app.
- The site offers a rating system for task posters and taskers based on the quality of their past transactions.
- Clients can get up to five quotes from people who want to complete their tasks.
- The platform is available on mobile phones and desktops.
- The signup and task posting processes are easy to follow.
- All work done through Airtasker is insured by QBE UK Limited and covers injuries to taskers and damage to property.
- Airtasker supports cashless payment for tasks.
- Online customer support is available.
- A percentage-based service fee is charged on all tasks.
- Compared to PeoplePerHour, Airtasker is the costlier option with a fee of 10-20% of the tasker's earnings.
- Airtasker U.K. does not have a customer support phone number.
- The workmanship of taskers is not guaranteed as taskers are not vetted for their ability to perform the task they are applying for.
Airtasker received a 4-star rating on Trustpilot, based on more than 4,000 reviews. Many users praised its effective services, but one or two reviewers noted its steep pricing and difficulty navigating the website.
Airtasker vs. PeoplePerHour:
PeoplePerHour is a marketplace where businesses and individuals can hire freelance workers for various projects. While PeoplePerHour charges £0.6 +10% on payments made to freelancers, Airtasker has a fee of 10%-20%. Of the two, only PeoplePerHour has invoice management features.
Airtasker vs. Freelancer:
Freelancer works in a similar manner to Airtasker by posting projects for freelance work. While Airtasker only expects task seekers to apply, Freelancer also allows employers to access their database of freelancers. Airtasker is the costlier option with a fee of 10%-20% of the tasker's earnings.
Airtasker vs. Upwork:
Upwork is a remote work marketplace where employers can find freelancers from 180 countries. Unlike Airtasker, which is a general task site, Upwork caters to the creative industry. Upwork's basic project postings are free, while Airtasker charges a percentage-based service fee for every completed task.