Contact for quote.
Advanced Posting Options
Resume Database Access
With over 22 million users, over 14 million job openings, and more than 25,000 employers, StartWire attracts a large audience. The site describes itself as a job search organizer with more than 6 million members. Job seekers use StartWire to receive automatic application status updates from thousands of U.S. employers.
- According to the site, more than 1.2 million new job seekers join the site monthly.
- The site features job application tracking services.
- Employers can sponsor their jobs and choose between paying per application or per click.
- Paid registration enables job seekers to be directed to employers' career sites.
- Employers have the option to email active job seekers and receive application alerts.
- The site has a poor reputation among users.
- Employers have to pay per resume to build a resume database.
StartWire's reputation on review sites is fairly poor. It has a rating of 1.1 out of 5 stars on Sitejabber, based on more than 20 reviews, and 1.5 out of 5 stars on Yelp, based on six reviews. Users allege that they receive an excessive amount of spam emails and that they're unable to delete their accounts.
StartWire does not readily disclose pricing on its website. Employers are encouraged to contact them about their job board solutions.
How To Post a Job on StartWire:
To post a job on Startwire, email the company with your XML feed.
StartWire vs. LinkedIn:
LinkedIn is the world's largest professional social network and has a variety of recruiting options compared with StartWire's offerings. Both platforms have a paid job posting service, but LinkedIn's international reach and popularity offer employers greater value.
StartWire vs. CareerBuilder:
CareerBuilder is available in the U.S., Europe, Asia, and Canada, whereas StartWire operates exclusively in the United States. StartWire is targeted more at job applicants, while CareerBuilder offers a job board, a recruiting platform, marketing tools, and career resources, making it favorable to employers.
StartWire vs. Indeed:
Indeed represents a 16.36% market share among job boards and has a massive international audience, while StartWire has a smaller, U.S.-based reach. Although it is free to browse resumes on StartWire, Indeed offers completely free job postings, offering employers more value and functionality.