English and Spanish.
Email and telephone.
IowaWORKS is a job board that advertises general vacancies throughout the state, covering industries like finance, education, construction, and sales, among others. As a partner of the American Job Center Network, the platform offers a free job posting service, and employers have access to a large pool of local talent.
While IowaWORKS offers resume searches, candidate matching tools, and a handy mobile app, the job board lacks key services like featured listings, social media promotion, and employer branding. Employers do, however, have access to additional resources, such as local employment statistics and labor market facts.
- IowaWORKS gives employers access to a niche network of local professionals.
- Employers can post jobs to the job board for free.
- The platform boasts an extensive resume database of local job seekers.
- Employers can set up a search alert to find candidates that match their listing's criteria.
- The site provides access to employment statistics, applicant tracking tools, and industry-specific data.
- Employers can easily manage listings from their dashboard.
- The platform features a mobile app available for Android and iOS.
- The website is available in English and Spanish.
- The platform lacks featured listings and job distribution to other sites.
- Listings aren't shared to the site's social media pages.
While online reviews of IowaWORKS are limited, the platform has a 5 out of 5-star rating based on the opinion of two people on its Facebook page. On the Apple Store, IowaWORK's app received a 5-star rating from one user.
IowaWORKS offers a free job posting service.
How to Post a Job on IowaWORKS:
Three easy steps for posting a job on IowaWORKS.
Posting a job ad on IowaWORKS.
Go to IowaWORKS' home page.
From the home page, click on "Sign In" toward the top-right corner.
To use the Spanish version of the site, click on "En Español" under the "Sign In" button.
Register as an employer.
On the next page, scroll down to the heading "Option 3 - Create a User Account." Click on the green button that reads "Employers and Agents."
Read through the employer agreement and click on "I Agree" to continue.
Choose the representative type that best describes your company, and click on "Next."
Check the box that applies to the service you'd like to access and click on "Continue Registration."
Add your company information to the online form and click on "Continue" to create your account.
Create and post a job.
Once your account has been approved, you'll be able to create and post a listing from your employer dashboard.
IowaWORKS vs. IowaJobBoard.com:
Similar to IowaWORKS, IowaJobBoard.com advertises general vacancies throughout the local job market. While IowaWORKS is a free job posting service, IowaJobBoard.com charges $79.00 for a 60-day, state job post. They also have national and regional posting options, which IowaWORKS lacks. Both sites offer resume searches and applicant tracking.
IowaWORKS vs. DesMoinesHelpWanted.com:
While IowaWORKS allows employers to post jobs for free, DesMoinesHelpWanted.com charges $399.00 for a single listing, making the former site more affordable. However, DesMoinesHelpWanted.com offers a wide range of posting upgrades for greater visibility, which IowaWORKS lacks.
IowaWORKS vs. Craigslist:
IowaWORKS and Craigslist both list local vacancies in Iowa, but the latter site has a wider reach, catering to the national and global job market. However, IowaWORKS might be the better option for targeted local hiring. Both sites offer resume searches, and while Craigslist has free and paid posting plans, IowaWORKS is a free job posting service.
What is IowaWORKS?
IowaWORKS is a general job board that connects employers with local job seekers throughout the state.
What does it cost to post a job on IowaWORKS?
IowaWORKS offers a free job posting service.
How do I create an account on IowaWORKS?
- Navigate to IowaWORKS' home page and click on "Sign In."
- Scroll down to "Option 3 - Create a User Account" and click on "Employers and Agents."
- Check the box labeled "I Agree" to agree to the employer statement and follow the prompts to create your account.
Is IowaWORKS available in Marshalltown?
Yes, IowaWORKS has multiple center locations throughout the state, including Marshalltown, Des Moines, Burlington, Sioux City, and more.
Does IowaWORKS have a resume database?
Yes, IowaWORKS allows candidates to upload their resumes, which employers can browse through free of charge.
Is IowaWORKS the same as Iowa Workforce Development?
Iowa Workforce Development oversees the state's unemployment services, workers' compensation, and job training services. They host IowaWORKS, which connects employers with local job seekers through free job postings and resume searches.