Candidate matching services
Resume database access
Social media promotion
Email and phone.
Manitoba Start aims to connect businesses with international workers at all career levels, as well as students and recent graduates living in the province. The platform offers a free job posting service, along with a job matching tool to identify skilled candidates who meet users' recruitment requirements.
The job board's additional features include applicant pre-screening questions, online and virtual hiring events, and employer diversity training. While more affordable than several competitors, such as MBjobcentre.ca, the platform lacks resume database access and job ad distribution.
- Employers benefit from a free job posting service.
- The job board caters specifically to immigrants and international job seekers based in the province of Manitoba.
- The free candidate matching service matches employers with candidates that have the relevant experience and qualifications.
- Manitoba Start has a simple and easy job posting process.
- Listings can be added to the site's home page for increased visibility.
- Employers can access robust diversity training, work experience programs, and a refugee employment development initiative.
- Companies can add their online and in-person information sessions and hiring events to the site.
- Manitoba Start does not offer resume searches or applicant tracking tools.
- Vacancies aren't shared on the platform's social media pages or distributed to other job boards.
- The job board is not open to Canadian-born candidates.
- The website is not available in French.
We were unable to find any online reviews of Manitoba Start.
Manitoba Start offers a free job posting service.
Manitoba Start vs. MBjobcentre.ca:
Like Manitoba Start, MBjobcentre.ca primarily caters to the local job market, but the former specifically lists roles for immigrants based in the province. While Manitoba Start is a free job posting service, MBjobcentre.ca charges C$219.00 per post. However, for the latter's higher price tag, employers benefit from resume search tools.
Manitoba Start vs. MTEC Job Board:
While Manitoba Start and MTEC Job Board both advertise roles in the province, the sites serve slightly different job markets. The former caters to locally-based immigrants, while MTEC Job Board is a niche site for hospitality and retail talent. Both platforms offer a free job posting service, but only Manitoba Start features candidate matching tools.
Manitoba Start vs. LocalWork.ca:
Compared to Manitoba Start, LocalWork.ca does not offer a free job posting plan, and its paid plans start at C$149.00 per post, making it a costly option. However, the site features a wider range of hiring tools than Manitoba Start, such as social media promotion, weekly job email alerts, and resume database access.
Jan 01, 2010
271 Portage Ave., Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 2A8
What does it cost to post a job on Manitoba Start?
Manitoba Start allows employers to list vacancies for free.
What services does Manitoba Start offer?
For employers, Manitoba Start offers free job posting and candidate matching services and allows companies to list their hiring events on the site. Employers also gain access to diversity training and a refugee employment development initiative.
Who does Manitoba Start serve?
Manitoba Start primarily caters to career-ready immigrants and international students based in the province.