From C$50.00 +GST /post.
Job post duration
25 - 180 days.
Resume database access
French language option
Phone and email.
With a free job posting option, WorkDirectory.ca offers employers an affordable way of advertising their job vacancies to candidates across Canada. While the site does not attract as much traffic as the likes of Job Bank and Indeed, it features paid packages that offer longer-than-average job post durations of up to 180 days.
The site also has a searchable resume database but does offer applicant tracking tools and candidate matching to help employers streamline their recruitment process.
- The site offers both free and paid job posting options.
- Paid plans include job distribution across WorkDirectory.ca's partner sites.
- The premium job ads for 60 days and more include the same number of days free, further extending the job post duration.
- The site features a resume database that employers can access to proactively find suitable candidates.
- Job postings can be managed from an online dashboard.
- The site does not feature applicant tracking or candidate matching tools.
- The free job posting plan is limited to 25 days and does not include a company logo, email, or website link.
- Only registered job seekers can apply to the free job postings.
- The free plan is only available to Canadian employers.
WorkDirectory.ca has more than 50 reviews on Google and a rating of 5 stars. Users found the site easy to use and praised their customer service.
Premium Posting: 30 Days
Premium Posting: 60 Days
Premium Posting: 90 Days
Premium Posting: 120 Days
Premium Posting: 150 Days
Premium Posting: 180 Days
Unlimited Annual Posting Plan
Contact for quote.
*Includes job distribution to all partner sites and an extended job post duration by the same number of days as in the selected plan, with the exception of the 30-day option.
How to Post a Job on WorkDirectory.ca:
Four easy steps for posting a job on WorkDirectory.ca.
Posting a job on WorkDirectory.ca.
Go to the employer site.
Click on the orange "EMPLOYER SITE" button toward the top-right of the WorkDirectory.ca home page.
Create an account.
Click on "sign up here" just above the "LOGIN" button and complete the employer registration form. Then, click on "Register now" toward the bottom of the page.
On the "Employer registration confirmation" page, click on the hyperlinked portion of the text "Click here to login" toward the bottom-right corner of the page.
Then, log in to your account with your email address and password.
Select a job posting option.
You can choose between a paid premium posting and a free job posting option. Click on "POST JOBS" beneath your preferred option.
For this how-to guide, we selected the free option.
Confirm your choice in the pop-up window.
Create and post your job ad.
Complete the online form with your details and information about the job you want to advertise. Then, click on the "Save/Post Job" button toward the bottom of the page.
WorkDirectory.ca vs. Job Bank:
While WorkDirectory.ca and Job Bank both offer free job posting, only Workdirectory.ca also has paid job posting options. However, Job Bank stands out as the more popular of the two sites, attracting far more monthly website visitors, and is available in both English and French, whereas WorkDirectory.ca is only available in English.
WorkDirectory.ca vs. Job Spider:
WorkDirectory.ca and Job Spider are both free job posting sites that feature a searchable resume database. However, unlike the latter, WorkDirectory.ca does not offer free access to its resume database. While WorkDirectory.ca caters only to the Canadian job market, Job Spider targets both the U.S. and Canadian markets.
WorkDirectory.ca vs. CanadaJobs.com:
CanadaJobs.com and WorkDirectory.ca are both local job boards that offer free job postings and a nationwide reach. Unlike WorkDirectory.ca, CanadaJobs.com does not require users to create an account to post a job. It also offers a post-by-XML option but lacks a resume database and paid options, which WorkDirectory.ca, in turn, does offer.
What does it cost to post a job on WorkDirectory.ca?
WorkDirectory.ca's pricing starts at C$50.00 +GST for a premium listing. The site also offers free 25-day job postings, but these don't include a company logo, email, or website link.
How can I create an account on WorkDirectory.com?
- Go to the WorkDirectory.ca website.
- Click on "EMPLOYER SITE" toward the top-right of the page.
- Select the hyperlinked text "sign up here" just above the "LOGIN" button.
- Complete and submit the employer registration form.