Careers in Africa offers three plans: Posting (three job posts), Enterprise Lite (five job posts), and Enterprise (20 job posts). Employers must arrange a demo to learn more about each plan and what it costs. However, additional job posts on the Enterprise Lite plan cost US$1,250.00 and US$750.00 on the Enterprise plan.
Careers in Africa is a recruitment platform and job board that prominent companies in Africa use to recruit new employees. Employers in Canada can use it to reach African professionals in the diaspora. However, there are no local vacancies currently being advertised on the site, so it might only be an option for recruiting remote workers.
Employers are helped to attract candidates by designing and promoting compelling employer brands. Features of the platform include an employee value proposition design tool, detailed company profiles, large network, social media sharing, recruitment support, and integrations. However, there is no resume database or local office.
- Careers in Africa offers a design tool for creating an employee value proposition.
- The talent network consists of two million professionals from Africa.
- There are 600,000 high-level graduates and early-career candidates in the network.
- The platform uses email, social media, and targeted job boards to promote vacancies.
- Employers can create and easily maintain detailed company profiles.
- Account managers are available to offer recruitment support.
- Careers in Africa has a basic applicant tracking system.
- Pre-screening questions can be added to job posts.
- The site offers a French translation.
- The employer brand profile feature is only available with Enterprise Lite and Enterprise plans.
- Recruitment support costs 15% of the successful candidate's first-year salary.
- Careers in Africa does not offer employers access to a resume database.
- The company does not have offices in Canada so customer service is likely bound to U.K. working hours.
- neuvoo and Job Bank are better for reaching African professionals living in Canada because of their local footprint.
- neuvoo offers more affordable options.
We were unable to find any online reviews of Careers in Africa.
How to Post a Job on Careers in Africa:
Employers are unable to post a job on Careers in Africa without first arranging a demo. To do that, go to the Careers in Africa home page and click on "EMPLOYERS" in the top-right corner of the page. Scroll down past "HOW IT WORKS" and click on "GET STARTED." Choose a posting plan that suits you and click on "Arrange A Demo."
Careers in Africa vs. Job Bank:
While Job Bank won't help for employing professionals living in Africa, it is a good option for trying to reach African professionals living in Canada. It is free to use, offers a mobile app to engage with candidates, and gets 5 million views a month. Careers in Africa is better for targeting professionals in Africa.
Careers in Africa vs. neuvoo:
neuvoo is an excellent alternative to Careers in Africa. It has a global reach, attracting thousands of visitors a month, including from most countries in Africa. It is free, drives traffic to employers' career pages, and is quite popular locally. Careers in Africa offers expert assistance and a larger audience.
Careers in Africa vs. BestJobs.co.za:
BestJobs.co.za is a recruitment platform employers in Canada can use to recruit professionals from South Africa and other African countries. BestJobs.co.za offers employers a free posting option with access to a resume database, which Careers in Africa lacks. However, Careers in Africa has a larger footprint.
What is Careers in Africa?
Careers in Africa is a recruitment platform that employers use to promote their employer brand and reach a talent pool of over two million people living in Africa. Employers in Canada can use it to connect with a network of African professionals living in North America or to recruit people in Africa for remote positions.
How much does it cost to post a job on Careers in Africa?
Careers in Africa does not publish pricing on its website and employers must contact the platform for more information. The website does mention that additional job posts on the Enterprise Lite and Enterprise packages cost an extra US$1,250.00 and US$750.00 per post.
How do I create a Careers in Africa account?
- Go to the Careers in Africa home page.
- Click on "EMPLOYERS" in the top-right corner of the page.
- Scroll down past "HOW IT WORKS."
- Click on "GET STARTED."
- Choose a posting plan that suits you.
- Click "Arrange A Demo."