Avjobs is a U.S.-based job board that allows Canadian employers to post jobs and browse through resumes of qualified candidates. With Avjobs, employers gain access to robust hiring features, including candidate management, reporting, job syndication, and sample job descriptions.
Despite its solid exposure in Canada, Avjobs primarily caters to the U.S. job market, making job boards like Workopolis and Job Bank better options if you're looking to attract local talent. However, unlike its close competitors, Avjobs offers bonus features like social media integration, featured resumes, and salary tables.
- Avjobs' unlimited plans include unlimited job ads and unlimited user accounts.
- The first week of the Single plan is free.
- Employers have the option of paying annually, which can save costs by 70%.
- All Avjobs' plans come with robust features, including a job widget, job management tools, news feeds, and more.
- Compared to other Canadian job boards, Avjobs offers the best job management features and statistics.
- Employers gain access to robust reporting tools that highlight site and job posting performance.
- Avjobs predominately caters to the U.S. job market.
- There are no offices based in Canada and customer support hours are restricted to U.S. times.
- The site does not offer French translation.
- All plans are restricted to U.S. dollar pricing.
- Compared to Canadian competitors, Avjobs does not offer the same local exposure.
- The Single plan is quite limited and only allows one job ad per month.
While online reviews of Avjobs are limited, the platform has a rating of 1.7 out of 5 stars based on more than 5 reviews on Sitejabber. Users were disappointed with unexpected charges, and some stated that they were either scammed or unfairly overcharged for certain plans.
How to Post a Job on Avjobs:
Four easy steps for posting a job on Avjobs.
Posting a Job on Avjobs.
Go to Avjobs.
Start by navigating to the Avjobs home page. Hover over "Employers" and select "Plans & Pricing" from the drop-down menu.
Select a job posting plan.
Choose your preferred job posting plan and click on "First Week Free" or "Sign Up," depending on your choice.
Create an account.
On the next page, add your account information and click on "Continue." Then, furnish your billing details and click on "Submit."
Create and post your listing.
Once your first week of free services has been activated, or once payment has been processed — depending on your plan selection — you'll be able to create and post your listing from your employer dashboard.
Avjobs vs. Aerojobs.ca:
The main difference between Avjobs and Aerojobs.ca is the two sites' target markets. While Avjobs is available in Canada, the job board primarily caters to the U.S. Aerojobs.ca, on the other hand, is a local job board with excellent exposure in the Canadian job market. However, Avjobs does offer robust tools that Aerojobs.ca is lacking.
Avjobs vs. Eluta.ca:
Eluta.ca is a Canadian job board that offers free postings, standard features, and excellent local exposure. In comparison, Avjobs is the more expensive option, with plans ranging between US$149.00 and US$399.00. For this added fee, employers enjoy features that are lacking with Eluta.ca, including templates, applicant statistic reports, and more.
Avjobs vs. Job Bank:
Job Bank is a free, Canadian job board that lists general jobs in diverse fields, including aviation. Avjobs' plans start at US$149.00, but employers won't enjoy the same local exposure that Job Bank provides. Unlike Job Bank, Avjobs offers plenty of advanced features that help speed up the hiring process, including job templates and statistics.
What is Avjobs?
Avjobs is a niche job board that caters to the aerospace and aviation industry in the U.S. and Canada.
How much does it cost to post a job ad on Avjobs?
Avjobs offers both monthly and annual plans. If you're interested in a monthly plan, it costs between US$149.00 and US$399.00 per month. With the annual plans, employers can expect to pay between US$349.00 and US$1,699.00 per year.
How do I create an account on Avjobs?
- Go to the Avjobs website.
- Hover over "Employers" and select "Log In."
- Under "New to Avjobs?" click on "Yes! I want this!"
- Select a job posting package.
- Add your information to the online form and click on "Continue" to create your account.
What types of jobs can I advertise on Avjobs?
Avjobs is a niche job board that lists all jobs in the aviation or aerospace industry, including software developers, pilots, and engineers.