Avjobs is a U.S.-based job board that allows Canadian employers to post jobs and browse through resumes of qualified candidates. With Avjobs, employers gain access to robust features, including candidate management, reporting, syndication, and sample job descriptions.
Despite its solid exposure in Canada, Avjobs predominantly caters to the U.S. job market, making more local job aggregators and job boards like Workopolis and Job Bank better options if you're looking to attract local talent. However, unlike its close competitors, Avjobs offers bonus features like social media integration, featured resumes, and salary tables.
- Avjobs' unlimited plans include unlimited job ads and unlimited user accounts.
- The first week of the Single plan is free.
- Avjobs is a niche job board that helps filter your candidate pool.
- Employers have the option of paying annually, which can save costs by 70%.
- All Avjobs' plans come with advanced features, including a job widget, job management tools, reporting, salary tables, and news feeds, among others.
- Compared to other Canadian job boards, Avjobs offers the best job management features and statistics.
- Employers gain access to robust reporting tools that highlight site and job posting performance, as well as current salary, wage, and pay information.
- Avjobs predominately caters to the U.S. job market.
- There are no offices based in Canada and customer support hours are restricted to U.S. times.
- Avjobs website does not offer French translation.
- All plans are restricted to U.S. dollar pricing.
- Compared to Canadian competitors like Workopolis, Avjobs is the more expensive job board and it does not offer the same local exposure.
- The Single plan is quite limited and only allows one job ad per month.
- There are a limited number of user reviews available.
There are only a limited number of reviews of Avjobs available online and the company is not accredited with the Better Business Bureau. That said, we did find five U.S.-based user reviews on Sitejabber, with a final rating of 1.9 out of 5 stars.
The majority of the reviews focused on Avjobs' unexpected charges. Some users stated that they were either scammed or unfairly overcharged for certain plans. Subsequently, users are encouraged to be vigilant when purchasing a plan with Avjobs.
How to Post a Job on Avjobs:
Three easy steps for posting a job on Avjobs.
Posting a job on Avjobs.
Go to Avjobs.
Start by navigating to the Avjobs home page. Hover over "Employers" in the main menu until a dropdown menu appears. From the dropdown menu, click "Plans & Pricing."
Select a job posting plan.
Select the job posting plan of your choice by clicking on "Sign Up." You'll need to create an account by entering your details. Once you're done, click on "Continue" and follow the onscreen prompts to activate your account.
Sign in and post your job.
Once you've signed in, provide your payment information and pay for a job posting package. When payment is complete, you can easily create and submit your job posting via the employer's dashboard. Newly registered members qualify for a 7-day free trial.
Avjobs vs. Eluta.ca:
Eluta.ca is a Canadian job board that offers free postings, standard features, and excellent local exposure. In comparison, Avjobs is the more expensive option, with plans ranging between US$149.00 and US$399.00. For this added fee, employers enjoy features that are lacking with Eluta.ca, including templates, applicant statistic reports, and more.
Avjobs vs. Job Bank:
Job Bank is a free, Canadian job board that lists general jobs in diverse fields, including aviation. Avjobs' plans start at US$149.00, but employers won't enjoy the same local exposure that Job Bank provides. Unlike Job Bank, Avjobs offers plenty of advanced features that help speed up the hiring process, including job templates and statistics.
Avjobs vs. Aerojobs.ca:
The main difference between Avjobs and Aerojobs.ca is the two competitor's target markets. While Avjobs is available in Canada, the job board predominantly caters to the U.S. market. Aerojobs.ca, on the other hand, is a local job board with excellent exposure in the Canadian job market. However, Avjobs does offer robust tools that Aerojobs.ca is lacking.
What is Avjobs?
Avjobs is a niche job board that caters to the aerospace and aviation industry in the U.S. and Canada.
How much does it cost to post a job ad on Avjobs?
Avjobs offers both monthly and annual plans. If you're interested in a monthly plan, it costs between US$149.00 and US$399.00 per month. With the annual plans, employers can expect to pay between US$349.00 and US$1,699.00 per year.
How do I create an account on Avjobs?
- Go to the avjobs.com.
- Click "sign up" in the right corner of the home page.
- Once you complete the sign-up form, choose a payment plan and sign up.
What types of jobs can I advertise on Avjobs?
Avjobs is a niche job board that lists all jobs in the aviation or aerospace industry, including software developers and engineers.