Avjobs is a job listing site that caters to the aviation industry in Australia. While based in the United States, Australian employers enjoy the same robust features and exposure in this niche field. Bonus features to look for include candidate management, resume filtering, unlimited messages, and job graders.
That said, Avjobs' popularity in Australia is quite poor, with the site currently listing under five available jobs. This is a stark difference to the U.S. number of jobs, which stand at over 19,000. Therefore, Australian employers looking for maximum exposure will have better success with local competitors like SEEK.
- Avjobs' unlimited plans include unlimited job ads and unlimited user accounts.
- The first week of the Single plan is free.
- Avjobs is a niche job board that helps filter your candidate pool.
- Australian employers have the option of paying annually, which can save costs by 70%.
- All Avjobs' plans come with advanced features, including a job widget, job management tools, reporting, salary tables, and news feeds, among others.
- Compared to other Australian job boards, Avjobs offers the best job management features and performance statistics.
- Employers gain access to robust reporting tools not provided by local competitors, including current salary, wage, and pay information.
- Avjobs predominately caters to the U.S. job market.
- Currently, there are less than five Australian jobs advertised on Avjobs.
- There are no offices based in Australia and customer support hours are restricted to U.S. times.
- All plans are in U.S. dollar pricing.
- Compared to other Australian competitors like SEEK, Avjobs is the more expensive job board and it does not offer the same local exposure.
- The Single plan is quite limited and only allows one job ad per month.
- There are no Australian user reviews available online.
There are no Australian reviews of Avjobs available online. However, we were able to find five U.S.-based user reviews on Sitejabber, with a total rating of 1.9 out of 5 stars.
Customers mostly complained about unfair charges, with some even stating that they felt like they've been scammed by the site. Subsequently, users are asked to remain viliginat and conduct the necessary research before choosing a job posting plan.
How to Post a Job on Avjobs:
Three easy steps for posting a job on Avjobs.
Posting a job on Avjobs.
Go to Avjobs.
Start by navigating to the Avjobs home page. Hover over "Employers" in the main menu until a dropdown menu appears. From the dropdown menu, click "Plans & Pricing."
Select a job posting plan.
Select the job posting plan of your choice by clicking on "Sign Up." You'll need to create an account by entering your details. Once you're done, click on "Continue" and follow the onscreen prompts to activate your account.
Sign in and post your job.
Once you've signed in, provide your payment information and pay for a job posting package. When payment is complete, you can easily create and submit your job posting via the employer's dashboard. Newly registered members qualify for a 7-day free trial.
Avjobs vs. SEEK:
SEEK is an extremely popular Australian job board that's received over 24 million visits. With SEEK, employers can expect standard features at the cost of A$225.00 per job ad. In comparison, Avjobs costs US$149.00 per job ad, but employers enjoy a host of robust features not available through SEEK, including templates and current salary reports.
Avjobs vs. Australian Federation of Air Pilots:
The Australian Federation of Air Pilots (AFAP) only advertises pilot-qualified positions throughout Australia. Avjobs, on the other hand, advertises a range of aviation-related jobs, including engineers and software developers. While AFAP is completely free and jobs are listed for six weeks, Avjobs provides the best features and industry exposure.
Avjobs vs. Jora:
Jora is great for local exposure and it stands out as the most affordable option. However, Jora is a general job posting site, while Avjobs only targets the aviation industry. For more robust features, Avjobs is the better option, but employers will find it hard to compete against Jora's popularity in Australia.
What is Avjobs?
Avjobs is a niche job board that caters to the aerospace and aviation industry in the U.S. and Australia.
How much does it cost to post a job ad on Avjobs?
Avjobs offers both monthly and annual plans. If you're interested in a monthly plan, it costs between US$149.00 and US$399.00 per month. With the annual plans, Australian employers can expect to pay between US$349.00 and US$1,699.00 per year.
How do I create an account on Avjobs?
- Go to the avjobs.com.
- Click "sign up" in the right corner of the home page.
- Once you complete the sign-up form, choose a payment plan and sign up.
What types of jobs can I advertise on Avjobs?
Avjobs is a niche job board that lists all jobs in the aviation or aerospace industry, including software developers and engineers.