AppFutura was created as a business directory for developers and marketing agencies. Since its creation in 2014, the site has added posting features, which allow anyone to sign up and post projects which are then shared with their network of verified companies.
While the site receives a limited amount of traffic from Canada, project posters can still benefit from the site's extensive list of global providers and range of affordable posting options. Their directory is a good place to find credible businesses that will assist Canadians looking to create or outsource aspects of their business.
- Most of AppFutura's services are free.
- The platform has a simple sign-up and project posting process.
- Employers can search for developers by location, company, and services offered.
- The site has an international reach, which may suit Canadian businesses looking to outsource their work.
- They host approved IT and marketing companies within their directory.
- The platform allows for people to post projects and receive multiple proposals.
- The site is built by developers, for developers.
- All companies listed on their site are reviewed regularly by clients and AppFutura.
- Project posters get a personal project manager assigned to them.
- The platform offers assistance from the AppFutura team with app development projects.
- Project postings aren't the website's primary aim.
- The website is not available in French.
- The site doesn't have a large user base in Canada.
- Pricing is only available in U.S. dollars.
- Compared to other Canadian sites such as BetaKit, AppFutura has limited viewership in the country.
While we could not find any independent reviews of AppFutura's project posting services, they do provide a testimonial page of companies who have used their services in the past. One user from Canada said, "AppFutura is a great way to analyze the mobile market and see what people are looking to build."
How to Post a Project on AppFutura:
Three easy steps for posting a project on AppFutura.
Posting a project on AppFutura.
Select "Post a project."
Navigate to the AppFutura home page and click on "Post a project" in the center of the page.
Fill in your project description.
Tell the community a bit about your idea and needs for the project. Indicate your budget and then select the optional project posting package you want. Select "Create app project" to move to the next step.
Validate your account.
An email will be sent to verify your account. Check your inbox, click on the link, and your account will be validated.
AppFutura will then review and validate your project and release it for viewing.
AppFutura vs. BetaKit:
BetaKit is an independent online news site that also hosts a job board for tech and startup companies. Compared with AppFutura, the site receives more Canadian visitors each month; however, their job posting service is only a small part of their operations. AppFutura was created to be a meeting place for tech companies and service providers.
AppFutura vs. Freelancer:
Freelancer allows employers to connect directly with freelancers and charges a 3.3% fee for all work they facilitate. AppFutura, by contrast, doesn't attempt to profit from projects facilitated by them. Their site is more of a business directory and pitching platform for developers and marketers.
AppFutura vs. Careerin Tech Society:
Careerin Tech Society is a Canadian site that allows employers to post general tech job opportunities from US$99.00 per post, while AppFutura offers free and paid project posting options. Both sites have resources to help companies and employers in the tech industry.