University of Manchester CareersConnect
The University of Manchester offers a designated job board called CareersConnect that's free of charge and easy to navigate. Created to help the university's students and alumni find respectable employment, CareersConnect provides a targeted approach, access to standard applicant tracking features, and helpful branding capabilities.
- The job board is completely free to use.
- Employers can choose to have applications sent directly to their company website or email address.
- All job postings include a company logo and brief description.
- Employers can attend networking events, manage placements, and book placements at career fairs.
- The job board advertises permanent and casual work, as well as internships and apprenticeships.
- CareersConnect is available to both current and former students of the university.
- Unlike its competitors, CareersConnect does not include access to Target Connect.
- The platform does not offer access to a CV database.
- All job advertisements must be applicable to the university's list of qualifications.
- CareersConnect is missing advanced applicant tracking tools and social media sharing.
We were unable to find online reviews of University of Manchester CareersConnect.
It's free to post vacancies on University of Manchester CareersConnect.
How to Post a Job on UM CareersConnect:
Four easy steps for posting a job ad on University of Manchester CareersConnect.
Posting a Job on University of Manchester CareersConnect.
Go to the CareersConnect home page.
Navigate to the CareersConnect home page and click on "Organisation sign in" in the bottom-right corner.
Register your organisation with CareersConnect.
On the following page, click on "Register" and complete the organization registration form. Make sure that you add a company logo to improve branding. When you're ready to continue, click on "Register."
Before you can start advertising jobs, the University of Manchester's team must approve your company profile and job description. That said, you're still allowed to continue to the next step before approval is confirmed.
Navigate to the posting details form.
On the following page, a pop-up window will appear and explain the approval process. Read through the process and click on "Post (Opportunity)" when you're ready to continue.
Fill in the publishing and application details, and click on "Next."
Complete the job description.
On the final page, fill in the position's basic description, requirements, location, and application details. When the form is complete, click on "Add Opportunity."
The team from the University of Manchester will contact you about the job ad's approval.
University of Manchester CareersConnect vs. greater.jobs:
While the University of Manchester's job board, CareersConnect, is 100% free, greater.jobs' plans start at £185.00 +VAT. Despite the tall costs, greater.jobs provides excellent exposure in Manchester and beyond. CareersConnect, on the other hand, only advertises jobs to students and alumni, making the platform ideal for a targeted approach.
University of Manchester CareersConnect vs. Manchester Digital:
Similar to the University of Manchester's Job Board, CareersConnect, Manchester Digital offers access to a job board that targets the Greater Manchester area. However, that's where the similarities end. While Manchester Digital charges £50.00 +VAT and caters to those in the tech industry, CareersConnect is a general job board that is 100% free.
University of Manchester CareersConnect vs. Jobstoday:
CareersConnect, the University of Manchester's job portal, stands out as low-cost, thanks to its free plan. In comparison, Jobstoday is costlier at £99.00 +VAT, but its job board is public, and vacancies are distributed to 215 publications. However, employers looking to invest in a young, qualified candidate pool will benefit from CareersConnect.