Escape The City
From £66.00 +VAT /mo.
Escape The City is an advertisement platform that aims to connect individuals looking for or offering unique experiences. For employers, Escape The City allows you to post vacancies across the U.K. and abroad.
Whether you're advertising internships, projects, or volunteer opportunities, Escape The City provides its users with local exposure and features that automate hiring processes, including candidate matching and applicant tracking.
- Escape The City provides a 20% discount to startups, B-corps, and non-profit and charity organizations.
- The platform specializes in niche jobs that will attract adventurous job seekers.
- Employers can post unlimited jobs for up to six months, depending on the plan they choose.
- The platform offers in-house applicant tracking and ATS integrations.
- Employers can create a permanent company profile on the platform.
- The Enhanced and Premium plans include free extensions, custom images, and videos, and featured job alerts.
- Only companies that meet two of Escape The City's job posting requirements may advertise job vacancies.
- Escape The City lacks a CV database.
- The targeted email feature is only available to Premium users.
- The pricing of each plan is based on the size of a company, which could impact medium to large businesses.
There are a limited number of customer reviews of Escape The City available online. However, we did find 66 reviews on Trustpilot with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Escape The City maintains an excellent rating on Trustpilot, as the majority of reviewers praised the platform's informative programs and courses listed on the site. That said, we were unable to find reviews of the job board and its services.
*It's important to note that each plan's pricing is based on the type of advertisement you choose and the size of your company. For this pricing table, we've chosen to advertise a job. To check the pricing for your advertisement, choose one of the options under "Listing Types & Pricing."
Pay as you go Pricing:
Job Posting Requirements:
Companies must meet two of Escape The City's job posting requirements. These include:
- You're a socially impactful organisation.
- You have an innovate product.
- You have a people-first culture.
- You're located outside of London / remote or in an exotic location.
- You're a small business with less than 50 employees.
How to Post a Job Ad on Escape The City:
Four easy steps for posting a job ad on Escape The City.
Posting a job ad on Escape The City.
Navigate to the Escape The City home page.
Go to Escape The City's home page and click on "Hiring?" in the top-right corner.
This should direct you to a new hiring page for employers.
Create an organisation profile.
On the next page, read through the various services and packages available. When you're ready to create an account, click on "Get started" in the main banner.
Enter your business name and click on "Continue."
A welcome banner should appear next. Click on "Create Organisation" to continue.
Enter your company's details, including two industry types and size, and click on "Create Organisation."
Enter your email address and click on "Create Organisation."
Provide a valid username and password, and click on "Finish."
Create a listing.
Once you've successfully logged into your account, click on "Create a Listing."
On the next page, select the type of listing you'd like to advertise.
Select the package that you'd like to purchase.
Read through the package's benefits and click on "Purchase."
Complete the payment and add your job listing.
In the final step, you'll need to enter your payment details and complete the purchase. Once you're done, you'll be able to create and publish your job ad.
Escape The City vs. I Love MCR:
The most notable similarity between Escape The City and I Love MCR is their dedication to uplifting local communities. While both platforms are not predominantly used as a job board, Escape The City's job board is more popular and available across the U.K. Unlike Escape The City, I Love MCR is Manchester-based, and it offers free and paid postings.
Escape The City vs. Jobstoday:
While both Escape The City and Jobstoday are available across the U.K., Escape The City targets job seekers looking for unique positions. In comparison, Jobstoday costs £33.00 more than Escape The City, and its reach includes general jobs. However, for the additional cost, employers have access to Jobstoday's CV database and job ad distribution.
Escape The City vs. Remote.co:
Similar to Escape The City, Remote.co is a niche job board that advertises remote positions across the U.K. and abroad. While Escape The City encourages remote work in "exotic" locations, the platform does advertise non-remote positions, which helps expand its reach. Additionally, Remote.co's plans are more costly and are limited to U.S. dollars.
What is Escape The City?
Escape The City is an advertisement platform that showcases local job opportunities, projects, courses, programmes, and more. For employers, the platform offers access to a public job board and excellent applicant tracking tools.
How much does it cost to post a job ad on Escape The City?
Pricing for posting job ads on Escape The City start at £66.00 +VAT per post, depending on the plan you choose.