Light Job Advert
Premium Job Advert
Enhanced Job Advert
Launched in 1999, Fish4jobs is a digital job board linked to the Reach PLC publisher network in the U.K. The site offers employers the option of posting a single online ad, or utilizing the resources of their newspaper distribution network. For job seekers, Fish4jobs focuses on local listings with options to search by category, location, or job type.
- The platform includes comprehensive company profiles and employer branding services.
- Job posts are sent to relevant candidates via daily emails.
- The Premium Job Advert plan includes a print advert in core newspaper titles, such as The Chronicle and Liverpool Echo.
- Fish4jobs offers a comprehensive CV database of candidates.
- The site reportedly receives over 1.6 million job seekers each month.
- The company offers a native iOS app.
- Jobs can be searched by location, sector, or type.
- There is no free job posting option.
- The platform is costlier than competitors, such as Reed.co.uk and Totaljobs.
- The site lacks social media promotion and job board syndication.
Fish4jobs received a poor rating on Trustpilot with many users claiming their service is overpriced and underwhelming.
Fish4jobs vs. Reed.co.uk:
Reed.co.uk receives significantly more website traffic than Fish4jobs. In addition, the platform is the more affordable option, charging £89.00 +VAT per job post compared to Fish4jobs' pricing of £165.00 +VAT per post. Both platforms offer a CV database; however, Fish4jobs also posts job ads in a range of local publications.
Fish4jobs vs. Totaljobs:
Totaljobs is a leading job board in the U.K. that offers employers access to a global audience of candidates, whereas Fish4jobs only caters to the U.K. market, which may be better for targeted hiring. Totaljobs charges new customers £89.00 +VAT per post while Fish4Jobs does not have a special rate for new members and charges £165.00 +VAT per post.
Fish4jobs vs. CV-Library:
CV-Library is more affordable than Fish4jobs, charging £75.00 +VAT per job post compared to Fish4jobs' price of £165.00 +VAT per post. Both platforms feature a CV database but CV-library offers social media promotion and job board syndication to over 800 partner sites, which Fish4jobs lacks, offering employers greater exposure.