University of Birmingham Careers Connect
Job post duration
Applicant tracking tools
Social media promotion
CV database access
Phone and email.
The University of Birmingham launched its career center to help employers hire top talent straight from the university. With its free job listing plan and quick access to a qualified candidate pool, the job board does well to automate the recruitment process. Popular jobs posted on the site include volunteer work, apprenticeships, and internships.
- It is completely free to post a job ad and create a company profile on the website.
- Employers can choose to post a job ad on TargetConnect, a platform that advertises jobs across U.K. universities.
- The platform allows direct applications on the site or via employers' own websites.
- The University of Birmingham's website is great for advertising volunteer work and part-time positions.
- Employers can advertise vacancies to students and candidates who have already graduated.
- The website allows employers to view and book a place at career fairs.
- Compared to its competitors, the Careers Connect platform is more affordable.
- Employers can share vacancies on the university's various social media platforms.
- The job board is only available to students and alumni from the University of Birmingham.
- All jobs must relate to graduate programs and/or qualifications offered by the university.
- The platform is missing a CV database,
We were unable to find employer reviews of the University of Birmingham's job board.
It's free to post a vacancy on the University of Birmingham Careers Connect job board.
University of Birmingham Careers Connect vs. Find a job:
Both the University of Birmingham Careers Connect and Find a job are free job posting sites. That said, the two competitors have different target markets. While Careers Connect targets students and alumni based in Birmingham, Find a job is a general job board that advertises jobs across the country.
University of Birmingham Careers Connect vs. WMJobs:
WMJobs is a niche job board that caters to employers looking to advertise government-related jobs. The Careers Connect portal of the University of Birmingham shares WMJobs' dedication to advertising local jobs. However, Careers Connect is completely free, whereas WMJobs' plans start at £230.00 +VAT per post.
University of Birmingham Careers Connect vs. StudentJob:
While StudentJob and Careers Connect both advertise jobs for students, the latter limits its reach to Birmingham. Comparatively, StudentJob reaches audiences nationwide and offers both free and paid plans that help grow visibility. That said, Careers Connect offers great exposure for internships and volunteer work.
How much does it cost to post a job on University of Birmingham Careers Connect?
It's free to post job vacancies on University of Birmingham Careers Connect.