Newcastle University Job Board
Newcastle University (NU) offers free access to a dedicated job portal called MyCareer. Here, employers can post unlimited job ads, create a comprehensive employer profile, and manage applications. Additional benefits of the innovative platform include branding opportunities and access to a young, qualified candidate pool.
- It's 100% free for employers to create a company profile and post vacancies.
- For employers looking to advertise volunteer and part-time work, MyCareer offers the best exposure.
- The university has a graduate placement program that will help employers looking to invest in new talent.
- MyCareer is a dedicated portal that's available to current students and alumni of the university.
- Employers can work with the university to attend networking events and book tables at career fairs.
- The company profile includes a logo to help employers appear reputable.
- Applications can be emailed to the platform or directly to the employer.
- The site is more affordable than competitors, such as AfterCollege and Prospects.
- Jobs posted on MyCareer are limited to graduate placements, paid part-time work, and/or work experience opportunities.
- The job board is only visible to students and alumni of the university.
- The platform is missing robust applicant tracking tools, a CV database, and social media sharing.
- All job ads must be in line with graduate subjects provided by the university.
We were unable to find employer reviews of Newcastle University's job board.
It's free to post a job ad on Newcastle University's job board.
How to Post a Job on the NU MyCareer Portal:
Three easy steps for posting a job ad on Newcastle University's job board.
Posting a job on Newcastle University's MyCareer portal.
Navigate to Newcastle University's MyCareer portal.
On MyCareer's home page, click on "Organisation sign in" under the heading "Are you an employer?" in the bottom-right corner.
Register your organisation.
Next, click on "Register" to continue to the "Organisation registration" form, where you'll need to enter your company's logo, address, telephone number, and more.
Once you've completed the "Organisation registration" form, click on "Register."
Post a vacancy.
A pop-up window will appear on the next page to explain the employer approval procedure. Once you're ready to proceed, read through the steps and select "Post Vacancy."
On the next page, provide the job ad's details, including the closing date and method of application, and click on "Next."
Complete the final job ad form, which includes the formal title, location, requirements, and description.
At the bottom of the online job ad form, click on "Preview" or "Add Vacancy."
Newcastle University vs. Prospects:
While both Newcastle University and Prospects advertise jobs to students, the two competitors differ in pricing and reach. Prospects stand out as more costly, with plans starting at £350.00 +VAT, but job ads are advertised across the U.K. With Newcastle University's job board, vacancies are shown to its students and the job board is free.
Newcastle University vs. AfterCollege:
With both AfterCollege and Newcastle University's job board, employers looking to hire qualified candidates will appreciate the two competitors' niche target market. Unlike Newcastle University's free job board, AfterCollege's plans are limited to U.S. dollars and start at US$99.00 per post. However, AfterCollege does advertise jobs nationwide.
Newcastle University vs. CV-Library:
The most noticeable differences between Newcastle University and CV-Library are their pricing and reach. While Newcastle University's MyCareer platform is completely free to use, the job board is only accessible to the institution's students and alumni. CV-Library, on the other hand, is available nationwide, and pricing starts at £75.00 +VAT.
What is MyCareer?
MyCareer is a dedicated job board and career portal created for students and alumni of [Newcastle University. Employers can use the platform to post vacancies, track applicants, and set up a company profile.
How much does it cost to post a job ad on Newcastle University's job board?
It's free to post a job ad on Newcastle University's website.