It's free to post a job vacancy on Joblink's website.
Joblink is a student-run job board created by the University of Leeds to help employers gain quick access to a qualified talent pool. While the university manages a separate job portal for permanent positions and placements, Joblink is a dedicated platform that specializes in internships, part-time work, vacation jobs, and volunteer work.
- Joblink is a completely free job board with a niche target market.
- The platform specializes in advertising short-term work, including internships and free projects.
- Employers are able to create a branded company profile that helps them appear professional.
- Joblink offers employers access to a resume database.
- The platform offers standard applicant tracking features.
- Job vacancies are advertised via email alerts and social media.
- Employers have the option of using Joblink's recruitment services.
- To improve exposure, employers can hold engagements, book a stall at career fairs, or meet the students.
- Joblink does not advertise full-time positions.
- Interested employers would first need to be approved by Joblink's administration before they're able to post jobs.
- All job vacancies must be in line with the University of Leeds courses and qualifications.
- There is no mention of candidate matching features on the website.
We were unable to find employer reviews of Joblink online.
How to Post a Job Ad on Joblink:
Before you're able to post vacancies on Joblink's website, you must register as an employer and wait for an approval letter. To get started, navigate to Joblink's home page and click on "Post a job." On the following page, complete the online employer registration form and click on "REGISTER" to continue.
Joblink vs. Jobstoday:
The most significant differences between the two competitors are their pricing and target market. While Jobstoday is a national job board that costs £99.00 +VAT per post, Joblink advertises vacancies in Leeds, and it's completely free. Unlike Jobstoday, Joblink only advertises casual work, part-time jobs, and internships to local students.
Joblink vs. Careers+Placements:
Careers+Placements is a free job board that posts vacancies to Leeds Trinity University's students. Despite being located at the University of Leeds, Joblink posts job opportunities to the entire county. Unlike Careers+Placements' services, the platform only advertises internships and casual or part-time work. However, similar to Careers+Placements, Joblink is free of charge.
Joblink vs. Reed.co.uk:
Reed.co.uk is a popular job board that advertises general roles at all career levels. In comparison, Joblink primarily caters to job seekers in search of internships and has a smaller reach than the former. While Reed.co.uk charges £89.00 +VAT for a new customer post, Joblink is a free job posting service.