University of Leeds Careers Centre
The University of Leeds Careers Centre provides employers with direct access to a large candidate pool of students and alumni looking to hone their knowledge and skills. With a dedicated website and free job postings, the platform is a cost-effective solution that allows employers to post permanent positions, apprenticeships, and placements.
- Job vacancies advertised on the platform include a company logo to improve branding.
- The platform does not charge employers to post jobs and create a company profile.
- Employers can choose between direct applications through the MyCareer platform or via their own website.
- Businesses can post vacancies to students and candidates who have already graduated.
- The MyCareer portal allows employers to view and book a spot at career fairs.
- Comparatively, the MyCareer portal is low-cost and offers a targeted approach to recruitment.
- Employers can post a job ad on TargetConnect, a platform that advertises jobs across U.K. universities.
- Part-time, casual, and vacation job vacancies are advertised on Joblink, a third-party site.
- The job board is only accessible to students and alumni from the University of Leeds.
- All job opportunities must be in line with a graduate program or course at the university.
- The website lacks social media sharing and a CV database.
We were unable to find employer reviews of the University of Leeds' Career Centre.
It's free to post job vacancies on the University of Leeds' Career Centre job board.
How to Post a Job on MyCareer:
Four easy steps for posting a job on the University of Leeds' job board.
Posting a job on the University of Leeds' Job Board.
Navigate to the MyCareer home page.
Navigate to the University of Leeds' career portal. On the MyCareer's home page, click on "Organisation sign in" in the bottom-right corner of the webpage.
Once you're directed to the employer's sign-in page, click on "Register" in the bottom-right corner.
Register your company with MyCareer.
Complete the MyCareer company registration form and click on "Register" to continue. Make sure that you include a company logo to help your business profile appear professional and approachable.
Before your job advertisement can go live, the University of Leed's team must approve your company profile and job description. That said, you're still allowed to continue creating a job ad before approval is confirmed.
Go to the posting details form.
On the following page, a pop-up window will appear and explain the approval process. Read through the process and click on "Post [Vacancy]" when you're ready to continue. You will then be directed to your posting options, which include MyCareer and Target Connect.
To post a job on MyCareer, click on "Post now" under "Post Locally."
Complete the posting details form.
On the following page, complete the posting details form and click on "Next." The University of Leeds' team will contact you about publishing the job advertisement.
University of Leeds Careers Centre vs. MyFuture:
While both the University of Leeds and Leeds Trinity University offer career portals that allow free job postings, the two platforms advertise different jobs. MyFuture, Leeds Trinity University's platform, posts a variety of jobs, including part-time jobs and casual jobs — positions that aren't allowed on The University of Leeds' portal.
University of Leeds Careers Centre vs. Find a job:
Both the University of Leeds Careers Centre and Find a job are free job posting platforms. However, while Find a job advertises vacancies from across the U.K., the University of Leeds' MyCareer portal only advertises jobs to its students and alumni. Additionally, unlike Find a job, casual and part-time jobs are not allowed on the MyCareer website.
University of Leeds Careers Centre vs. Recruit Yorkshire:
The primary difference between the two competitors is their pricing. While the University of Leeds Careers Centre's MyCareer portal is completely free, Recruit Yorkshire charges £28.00 per post for its entry-level plan. Additionally, Recruit Yorkshire advertises to the county, while MyCareer only advertises vacancies to local students and alumni.
What is MyCareer?
MyCareer is a career centre and job board created by the University of Leeds. The platform is completely free to use, and it allows employers to advertise full-time positions, apprenticeships, and placements.
How much does it cost to post a job ad on MyCareer?
It's free to post vacancies on the University of Leed's MyCareer portal.