ExecThread is a global job posting site that advertises senior-level positions with a compensation of more than $100K. Founded in 2015 by Joe Meyer, the platform is well-established and aims to connect employers with talented professionals in the U.S. and elsewhere in search of an executive-level career opportunity.
Compared to other leading executive job boards, ExecThread is well-priced and offers a standard range of recruitment services, such as employer branding options and sponsored job postings for increased exposure.
- ExecThread is a niche job board that posts executive-level positions, such as board directors, chairpersons, chief financial officers, and chiefs of staff, among others.
- The site has several job posting options available, including a basic free listing.
- The Premium package allows employers to add their job posts to the site's weekly newsletter, which is distributed to all registered ExecThreat members.
- Employers can keep their company name, compensation, and contact information confidential on job posts.
- Job posts are live for 90 days.
- Employers can only post director-level or above jobs with a compensation of more than $100,000.
- Company branding is not available on the Basic package.
- The platform does not offer social media promotion services.
- The site does not feature any applicant management tools.
- Employers must have a LinkedIn profile to sign up for the service.
We were unable to find any online reviews of ExecThread. The site does feature a "Success stories" page with testimonials from clients.
How to Post a Job on ExecThread:
Five easy steps for posting a job on ExecThread.
Posting a Job on ExecThread.
Navigate to ExecThread's home page.
On the home page, find and click "FIND TALENT."
Select a job posting package.
Choose one of the three job posting options, and under the applicable heading, click "LOG IN/SIGN UP."
Create an account.
To create an account, add your name and email address to the registration form. Then, click "CONTINUE."
On the next page, add your work title and company name. Then, click "CREATE ACCOUNT."
A verification link will be sent to your email. To activate your account, click "AUTHENTICATE MY EMAIL."
You'll then be asked to create a password. Once you're done, click "SAVE MY PASSWORD."
Add a link to your LinkedIn profile, and click "SUBMIT."
Enter your job posting details.
You'll be asked to create your job post in five steps. First, enter your company name, tick the applicable boxes, and add a brief company description. Then, click "NEXT."
Add the position title and location, or select the remote checkbox. Then, click "NEXT."
Describe the role you want to advertise by adding its functions, a position summary, required expertise, the compensation range, etc. Then, click "NEXT."
You'll be asked to add upgrades to your job post. First, select whether you'd like to create an ExecThread dashboard for applications, or if candidates should apply "off-domain." The latter option will require an extra fee of $299. Then, click "NEXT."
Select whether you'd like to share your contact information with applicants, or if you'd like to keep it confidential. The latter will require you to upgrade to the Premium package. Then, click "NEXT."
Select whether you'd like to add branding or a sponsored listing to your job post. The latter will require you to upgrade to the Professional package. Then, click "NEXT."
Review your order summary, and when you're ready, click "CHECKOUT."
Your job post will then be reviewed by an ExecThread representative before it goes live.
ExecThread vs. ExecuNet:
ExecuNet is a job board that serves the global general job market at all career levels. While ExecThread also advertises jobs from all industries worldwide, they are more niche, as they only post jobs for senior-level professionals who earn above $100,000 and therefore might be a better option for employers in search of specialized candidates.
ExecThread vs. Ladders:
Like ExecThread, Ladders caters to employers in search of management and executive-level professionals. Both sites offer free and paid posting options. However, Ladders offers more convenient features, such as integrations with leading applicant tracking systems and advanced filters to search their candidate network.
ExecThread vs. LinkedIn:
Unlike ExecThread, LinkedIn is not a niche job board but a social networking platform for professionals that also serves as an exceptionally large candidate database. Employers can search and reach far more candidates using LinkedIn's recruitment tools than by posting a job on ExecuThread.
What is ExecThread?
ExecThread is a job board aimed at connecting employers with senior-level and executive professionals worldwide.
What does it cost to post a job on ExecThread?
ExecThread's basic job post is free. They also offer two upgraded job posting packages priced at $199.00 and $499.00 respectively.
How do I create an ExecThread account?
- Navigate to ExecThread's home page.
- Click "SIGN UP."
- Follow the prompts to fill out the registration form, and select "CONTINUE."
- A verification link will be sent to your email. Activate your account by clicking "AUTHENTICATE MY ACCOUNT."
- Create a password and add a link to your LinkedIn profile. Then, select "SUBMIT" to create an account.
How do I edit a job post on ExecThread?
- Log in to your account.
- Select "Find Talent" from the top bar menu.
- Click on the three dots next to the job post you'd like to change, and select "Edit job."