60-Day Job Posting
10 Job Postings*
*Users interested in bulk job postings should contact the company via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Established in 1989, VIATEC is an organization that aims to support and cultivate the tech community in the Greater Victoria area. The platform features a range of career resources, including industry news, events, programs, and a job board that employers can use to advertise vacancies and connect with talented tech professionals.
- The job board caters specifically to tech-related jobs in the Greater Victoria area.
- Job posts are live for 60 days.
- VIATEC members receive a discount on job postings.
- The website features a number of career resources, articles, news, and networking events.
- VIATEC members have access to support from their in-house community talent development managers.
- Job ads are posted in the VIATEC weekly e-Bulletin.
- There is no free job posting option.
- Nonmembers pay a higher price than members.
- The platform lacks a resume database.
We were unable to find any online reviews for VIATEC Job Board.
How to Post a Job on the VIATEC Job Board:
Two easy steps for posting a job on the VIATEC Job Board.
Posting a job on the VIATEC Job Board.
Navigate to the VIATEC home page.
From the home page, hover over "Job Board" in the top menu bar and select "Post as Non-Member" from the drop-down menu.
Create your job post.
Fill out the online form with your vacancy details and click on "Submit" toward the bottom of the page. Once the post is approved, VIATEC will invoice you and your job will be posted to the job board within one business day.
VIATEC Job Board vs. Victoria Jobs:
Victoria Jobs and VIATEC Job Board both cater to the job market in the Greater Victoria area. While employers can post any type of vacancy on Victoria Jobs, the VIATEC Job Board only advertises vacancies in the tech industry. VIATEC Job Board is the costlier option at C$250.00 for nonmembers, whereas Victoria Jobs is free.
VIATEC Job Board vs. LocalJobShop.ca:
LocalJobShop.ca is a job posting site that caters to small-town communities in various Canadian provinces. LocalJobShop.ca offers both free and paid job posting options, making it the more budget-friendly option for employers. However, VIATEC Job Board may be the better option for targeted tech-industry hiring in the Greater Victoria area.
VIATEC Job Board vs. Job Bank:
Job Bank is the Canadian government's official job site and offers employers a free job posting service, whereas VIATEC Job Board charges C$250.00 per job post for nonmembers. Job Bank caters to careers across the entire country, whereas VIATEC Job Board focuses on the Greater Victoria area, which may be a better option for local employers.
What is VIATEC?
VIATEC (Victoria Innovation, Advanced Technology & Entrepreneurship Council) is an organization supporting Victoria's tech community and industry. The platform hosts a local job board that employers can use to post tech-related vacancies and connect with talented candidates throughout the Greater Victoria region.
What does it cost to post a job on the VIATEC Job Board?
VIATEC's job post pricing is C$125.00 for members and C$250.00 for nonmembers.
How do I create an account with VIATEC?
- Go to the VIATEC home page.
- Hover over "Membership" in the top menu bar and select "Login" from the drop-down menu.
- Click on "Create One" beneath the "Don't have an Account" heading.
- Enter your details and click on "Submit."