From C$219.00 /post.
NovaScotiajobs.ca combines targeted traffic and an efficient employer dashboard to help businesses find and recruit quality candidates across Nova Scotia. Employers using NovaScotiajobs.ca may advertise job postings, search for qualified local talent by skill or keywords, and browse through a detailed resume database.
Compared to local competitors, NovaScotiajobs.ca stands out as the more costly option. However, its free employer profile provides excellent benefits and features, including company logos and links to YouTube videos.
- All listings are posted for 60 days.
- The platform claims to receive over one million local page views per month.
- Employers can set up a featured company profile for free.
- The employers' dashboard is simple to use and allows employers to track current and previous advertisements.
- NovaScotiajobs.ca's Unlimited job packages include access to a resume database.
- The branded company profile allows employers to add images, videos, and logos.
- Reputable companies, such as McDonald's and Scotiabank, have used NovaScotiajobs.ca to advertise vacancies.
- NovaScotiajobs.ca's customer support is limited to email.
- Unlike some of its competitors, NovaScotiajobs.ca does not allow employers to view resumes without purchasing credits.
- The platform does not provide advanced tools like candidate matching and interview scheduling.
- The website is not available in French.
We were unable to find online reviews of NovaScotiajobs.ca.
1 Job Posting
Annual Unlimited Jobs
How to Post a Job on NovaScotiajobs.ca:
Five easy steps for posting a job on NovaScotiajobs.ca.
Posting a job on NovaScotiajobs.ca.
Navigate to NovaScotiajobs.ca's home page.
Go to NovaScotiajobs.ca's home page and click on "Post a Job" in the main home page banner. This should redirect you to the pricing page.
Create an employer account.
Browse through the posting plans available and scroll down to the employer registration form. Complete the form with your details and click on "START HIRING."
Create your job posting.
Enter details about the job you want to advertise in the online form and, once complete, click on "Publish" toward the bottom of the page.
Select a job posting plan.
View the available job posting plans in the pop-up window and click on "BUY NOW" beneath your chosen plan.
Purchase your job posting plan.
Add your billing information, click on "CONTINUE," and then add your credit card information. Click on "SUBMIT PAYMENT" when you're ready to make the payment and publish your listing.
During this process, you may be presented with a special offer. Click on "YES, UPGRADE MY PLAN!" to add the special offer to your job posting plan, or select "NO THANKS!" to skip this step.
NovaScotiajobs.ca vs. Futureworx Society:
Both NovaScotiajobs.ca and Futureworx Society are job boards dedicated to the Nova Scotia job market. However, the latter advertises its jobs on Nova Scotia's government website, and all listings are free. That said, NovaScotiajobs.ca costs C$219.00 for a 60-day post, and it offers access to a resume database, while Futureworx Society does not.
NovaScotiajobs.ca vs. Job Bank:
The main difference between NovaScotiajobs.ca and Job Bank is their pricing. While NovaScotiajobs.ca's job posting plans start at C$219.00 per post, Job Bank is a government-owned site that offers free postings. That said, NovaScotiajobs.ca does offer good access to an extensive resume database, but unlike Job Bank, it's only available in English.
NovaScotiajobs.ca vs. Jobs.ca:
Jobs.ca is significantly more costly than NovaScotiajobs.ca, with its entry-level plan costing C$106.00 more than NovaScotiajons.ca. That said, NovaScotiajons.ca only offers the best value for money if you're an employer based in Nova Scotia. Jobs.ca, on the other hand, is a general job board that advertises vacancies across the country.