From C$219.00 /post.
NovaScotiajobs.ca combines targeted traffic and an efficient employer dashboard to help businesses find and recruit quality candidates across Nova Scotia. Employers using NovaScotiajobs.ca may advertise job postings, search for qualified local talent by skill or keywords, and browse through a detailed resume database.
Compared to local competitors, NovaScotiajobs.ca stands out as the more costly option. However, its free employer profile provides excellent benefits and features, including company logos and links to YouTube videos.
- All listings are posted for 60 days.
- The platform claims to receive over one million local page views per month.
- Employers can set up a featured company profile for free.
- The employers' dashboard is simple to use and allows employers to track current and previous advertisements.
- NovaScotiajobs.ca's Unlimited job packages include access to a resume database.
- The branded company profile allows employers to add images, videos, and logos.
- Reputable companies, such as McDonald's and Scotiabank, have used NovaScotiajobs.ca to advertise vacancies.
- NovaScotiajobs.ca's customer support is limited to email.
- Unlike some of its competitors, NovaScotiajobs.ca does not allow employers to view resumes without purchasing credits.
- The platform does not provide advanced tools like candidate matching and interview scheduling.
- The website is not available in French.
We were unable to find online reviews of NovaScotiajobs.ca.
1 Job Posting
Annual Unlimited Jobs
How to Post a Job on NovaScotiajobs.ca:
Four easy steps for posting a job ad on NovaScotiajobs.ca.
Posting a job on NovaScotiajobs.ca.
Navigate to NovaScotiajobs.ca's home page.
Go to NovaScotiajobs.ca's home page and click on "Post a Job" in the main home page banner. This should redirect you to the pricing page.
Create an employer's account.
Browse through the posting plans available and complete the employer's registration form on the right to create an account. Once you've entered your details, click on "START HIRING."
Create a new job posting.
Once you're logged into your employer's dashboard, you can either click on "New job" in the left-hand side menu or you can click on "POST A JOB" directly from the dashboard.
Publish your job posting.
Complete the job posting form and be sure to include your company logo to help improve visibility. Once you've completed the form, review your description and click on "PUBLISH."
NovaScotiajobs.ca vs. Futureworx Society:
Both NovaScotiajobs.ca and Futureworx Society are job boards dedicated to the Nova Scotia job market. However, the latter advertises its jobs on Nova Scotia's government website, and all listings are free. That said, NovaScotiajobs.ca costs C$219.00 for a 60-day post, and it offers access to a resume database, while Futureworx Society does not.
NovaScotiajobs.ca vs. Job Bank:
The main difference between NovaScotiajobs.ca and Job Bank is their pricing. While NovaScotiajobs.ca's job posting plans start at C$219.00 per post, Job Bank is a government-owned site that offers free postings. That said, NovaScotiajobs.ca does offer good access to an extensive resume database, but unlike Job Bank, it's only available in English.
NovaScotiajobs.ca vs. Jobs.ca:
Jobs.ca is significantly more costly than NovaScotiajobs.ca, with its entry-level plan costing C$106.00 more than NovaScotiajons.ca. That said, NovaScotiajons.ca only offers the best value for money if you're an employer based in Nova Scotia. Jobs.ca, on the other hand, is a general job board that advertises vacancies across the country.
How much does it cost to post a job ad on NovaScotiajobs.ca?
NovaScotiajobs.ca's pricing ranges between C$219.00 and C$339.00 per posting package. The platform also offers an annual plan that costs C$3,499.00 per year.
Does NovaScotiajobs.ca offer a free trial?
No, NovaScotiajobs.ca does not offer a free trial. However, it's free to create an employer's profile.