Single Job Post
Featured Job Post
5 Job Pack
MediaCareers.ca is a marketing and media job board dedicated to Canadian job seekers. The site offers a basic but comprehensive selection of job posting packages. There are a few features missing, such as an applicant tracking system and email marketing. However, employers can purchase access to the site's resume database, which is a useful tool.
- Employers can buy featured job slots that will display job listings at the top of the home page.
- Several job posting package options are available.
- Job posts have no word limit.
- Job slots can be used any time after they have been purchased.
- Job posts are active for 60 days.
- Discounts are available for multiple job post purchases.
- Employers are able to set prescreening questions as part of the job listing.
- The site features a searchable resume database.
- Job posts can be edited easily after they have been posted.
- All job posts include employers' logos.
- No email marketing is available.
- The site lacks advanced hiring features, such as an applicant tracking system, team collaboration, and social media sharing.
- There is no free job posting option.
- While the site mentions having partner sites, job posting packages do not mention displaying job posts on these sites.
- There is no French language option.
We were unable to find any online reviews of MediaCareers.ca.
How to Post a Job on MediaCareers.ca:
Eight easy steps to post a job on MediaCareers.ca.
Posting a job on MediaCareers.ca.
Navigate to the home page.
Once on the MediaCareers.ca home page, click on the "Post Job" button in the top-right corner.
Create an employer account.
On the next page, you will be prompted to enter personal details to create an account. Click on "Register" once you have completed the online form.
Provide your business details.
The website will send you an email to verify your account. Click on the link in the email and you will be redirected to the MediaCareers.ca website. You will then need to provide more details about your business.
Select a purchase option.
There are several purchase options available, including "Post Job." Select this button.
Select a job posting package.
There are three package options to choose from. Select one that suits your needs and budget.
Create a job description.
Write a description and add the necessary information, such as the job location, requirements, as well any prescreening questions that could be relevant. Select "Submit Job" when you are done.
Click on the "PayPal" button.
On the next screen, enter any coupon codes you may have. Click on "Continue." You will then be prompted to click on a button that says "PayPal," but this will take you to a screen where credit card information or PayPal information can be used.
Provide your payment details.
Enter your email address. After selecting "Next" you will be able to enter your credit card details or sign in to your PayPal account. Select the most appropriate option and provide your details. Select "Pay Now" to complete your purchase.
MediaCareers.ca vs. FreshGigs.ca:
FreshGigs.ca is also a Canadian marketing job board. Both job boards offer discounts for multiple job post purchases, and both also lack applicant tracking systems and email marketing. However, FreshGigs.ca offers more features than MediaCareers.ca, such as social media sharing and job post distribution to other sites.
MediaCareers.ca vs. MarketingJobsCA:
MarketingJobsCA is the official job board of the Canadian Marketing Association. Pricing for a single job post is C$440.00, compared to MediaCareers.ca's starting price of C$130.00. MarketingJobsCA offers more job posting packages as well as features not offered by MediaCareers.ca, such as email marketing and employer branding.
MediaCareers.ca vs. Mediabistro:
Mediabistro is an international media job board. Mediabistro charges US$297.00 for a single job post and offers several posting packages, including custom recruiting plans. MediaCareers.ca has more affordable prices, but only offers three job posting plans. Both job boards lack features such as social media sharing and email marketing.