Standard Job Posting
Established in 1965, the IDSA is one of the oldest and largest industrial design associations. The platform features a range of resources for both employers and job seekers, including its job board, to help support careers in industrial design and similar related industries.
While the IDSA is a U.S.-based organization, it does cater to the Canadian job market. Local employers benefit from job post syndication to the IDSA Job Board's partner network and company profiles, but the platform does lack a resume database and users may receive better results from a Canada-specific job board.
- The IDSA Job Board is a niche job posting site dedicated to industrial design careers.
- Job posts are live on the site for 90 days.
- Job ads are emailed to a network of over 30,000 IDSA members.
- IDSA syndicates job posts to its network of design websites, including Coroflot and CreativePro.
- The platform offers company profiles and employer branding services to help attract candidates.
- Job posts are promoted on partners' social media channels.
- The IDSA Job Board features additional upgrades for increased job ad exposure.
- There is no free job posting option.
- IDSA Job Board lacks a resume database for employers to search through.
- Pricing is only available in U.S. dollars.
- The website is not available in French.
We were unable to find any online reviews of the IDSA Job Board.
How to Post a Job IDSA Job Board:
Four easy steps for posting a job on IDSA Job Board.
Posting a Job on IDSA Job Board.
Navigate to the IDSA home page.
From the home page, hover over the "RESOURCES" tab in the top menu and select "JOB BOARD" from the drop-down menu.
Create your job post.
Click on the "POST A JOB" button on the right of the page. Next, fill out the online form with your vacancy details.
Use Betterteam's job description template to help you structure your job post.
Review your job post.
Once you've completed your job post, click on "Preview this posting" toward the bottom of the page to review your ad for accuracy.
Once you're happy with your post, click on "Continue" to proceed.
You can click on "Edit Job" to make any changes to your job post.
Complete the purchase and post your job.
Enter your contact and billing details to the online form. You can choose job post enhancements by clicking on "Select" next to the corresponding upgrades. Once complete, click on "Complete Purchase."
If you have a coupon code, you can apply it on this page.
Complete the payment to purchase your job post. Once the payment has been processed, your ad will be posted to the IDSA job board.
IDSA Job Board vs. Behance:
Behance is a more general creative job board that caters to careers in a range of design fields, whereas IDSA Job Board focuses on a more specific audience of industrial designers, which may make it a better option for targeted hiring. Behance does offer a limited free job posting option, but its paid plans are costlier than IDSA Job Board's.
IDSA Job Board vs. Dribbble:
Dribbble's job posting service is subscription-based, charging US$299.00 per month for a job board slot. In contrast, IDSA Job Board charges for individual job posts with pricing starting from US$295.00 per ad. Both platforms cater to the global job market, but Dribbble receives significantly more website traffic than IDSA Job Board.
IDSA Job Board vs. Job Bank:
Job Bank is the Canadian government's official job site. Job Bank is a general job board, whereas IDSA Job Board has a niche focus, although it does cater primarily to the U.S. job market. Unlike IDSA Job Board, Job Bank's job posting service is completely free, making it the better option for employers on a tight budget.
What is the IDSA?
The Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA) is a nonprofit membership-based organization that also hosts an industrial design job board that employers can use to attract and recruit talented design professionals throughout America.
What does it cost to post a job on the IDSA Job Board?
The IDSA Job Board's pricing starts from US$295.00 for a standard job posting. The platform also offers additional add-ons to increase the reach of job ads.
How do I create an account on IDSA?
- Go to the IDSA home page.
- Click on "LOGIN" in the top-right corner of the page.
- Select "Create User Login."
- Enter your details and click on "Create Account."