Field Engineer is a freelance hiring platform that allows employers from across the globe to post vacancies in a specialized field, ultimately automating the freelance recruitment process to ensure efficient service delivery. Employers can freely track and manage jobs using the intuitive dashboard and Field Engineer mobile app.
However, Field Engineer does not function as a traditional job board, which could be an issue for employers that want a more localized hiring focus and access to conventional job posting features.
- For employers, it's free to open an account and post job vacancies.
- Field Engineer is completely remote-based, making it easy for employers to connect with international applicants.
- The platform streamlines the job search by finding and vetting professional engineers.
- Field Engineer offers a mobile app that's available on both Android and iOS devices.
- Employers can use their personalized dashboard to track jobs and communicate with engineers.
- Payment for each project is deducted and safeguarded by Field Engineer before the project is completed.
- The platform offers a targeted approach to hiring candidates in the engineering field.
- Field Engineer is capable of integrating with third-party applications, including Oracle, Salesforce, and Microsoft.
- Employers can search and sort engineers who apply for jobs by location, rating, experience, and costs.
- Field Engineer allows employers to use job ad templates to automate the process.
- Employers based outside of the U.S. who fund their account with a credit card are charged an additional 2.75% of the project.
- The site is not seen as a job board and therefore lacks certain features, such as job distribution and social media sharing.
- Jobs are only advertised to engineers registered on the site, which could limit the candidate pool.
- The platform does not allow access to a traditional resume database.
- Employers have to load funds onto their accounts before they can post a vacancy.
- The website is not available in French.
- There is no dedicated website for Canadian users.
While there are a limited number of reviews of Field Engineer available online, we did find four reviews on Trustpilot that averaged 4.0 out of 5 stars. All of the reviews praised the platform and labeled it as the best source for hiring freelancers thanks to its excellent customer service and reasonable costs.
The platform received similar compliments on G2, where we found three reviews that averaged 5 out of 5 stars. Here, customers simply commended the company for its remote hiring capabilities.
For employers, it's free to post engineering projects on the website. Only engineers who are hired to work on projects are charged a 10% service fee. However, non-U.S.-based employers who fund their accounts with credit cards are charged an additional 2.75% of the project.
How to Post a Job on Field Engineer:
Three easy steps for posting a job on Field Engineer.
Posting a job on Field Engineer.
Sign up for a business account.
Go to Field Engineer's home page and click on "Hire an Engineer" in the top-right corner beneath the heading "SIGNUP." Next, complete the sign-up form with the required details and click on "Signup to start hiring."
You will then be asked to verify your email by entering a verification code sent to your email address. Once you've entered the verification code, click on "Submit."
Finally, confirm your business location by entering the state and address. Then, click on "Confirm."
Create your first job posting.
Beneath the heading "Post your first job," click on "Get Started." Next, click on "Create New Job" or you can opt to use a job ad template.
Beneath the "BASIC" section, enter the details of your job, including the title, job type, and location."
Scroll down to the "ROUTING" section and select a Routing Method from the drop-down menu.
Add the rate for the job below the "PAYMENT DETAILS" section.
Scroll down to the "INSTRUCTIONS" section and enter your job description, task details, contact information, and more.
Finally, add any additional information in the designated field.
Post your job ad.
Once you've completed all the required fields, click on "Post to Marketplace" at the bottom-left of the page. A "Payment Summary" window will appear in the bottom right corner of the page. Here, click on "Confirm."
On the final page, enter your card details and click on "Continue." Once payment has been processed, your job ad will go live.
Field Engineer vs. TelcoProfessionals Job Board:
While TelcoProfessionals Job Board and Field Engineer are both global telecommunication job boards, only the former charges employers to post vacancies. With Field Engineer, employers are free to create an account, track projects, and post vacancies. In contrast, the TelcoProfessionals Job Board's pricing starts at US$100.00 per post.
Field Engineer vs. Job Bank:
Job Bank is the Canadian government's job board, where employers can post vacancies in a range of sectors for free. In comparison, Field Engineer specializes in telecommunication vacancies, and vacancies are only advertised to registered engineers. That said, Field Engineer is also free for employers, but the platform provides more targeted hiring.
Field Engineer vs. Monster:
Both Monster and Field Engineer offer great remote hiring and global reach. However, that's where the similarities end. While Monster charges C$10.00 per day, Field Engineer is free for employers. Additionally, Field Engineers offer targeted hiring, thanks to its focus on telecommunications, whereas Monster advertises jobs in various industries.
Field Engineer, Inc.
Jan 01, 2015
77 Water St., Ste. 7000, New York, New York 10005 USA
What is Field Engineer?
Field Engineer is an online hiring platform that connects employers with engineers across the globe. With Field Engineer, employers can simply post a project for free and registered engineers will then have the opportunity to apply for the project.
Is the Field Engineer mobile app legit?
Yes. Field Engineer offers a legitimate mobile app to help employers track and manage projects while on the go. The app is available for both Android and iOS devices.
How much does it cost to post a job on Field Engineer?
Field Engineer does not charge employers to create an account or post a job on the website. Instead, engineers who are hired for jobs are charged a 10% service fee. However, if an employer is based outside of the U.S. and funds their account with a credit card, there is an additional fee of 2.75%.