Job post duration
Field Engineer is a freelance marketplace that allows employers from across the globe to post vacancies in a specialized field, ultimately streamlining the freelance recruitment process to ensure effective service delivery. With Field Engineer, Employers are free to manage and track jobs using the informative mobile app and personalized dashboard.
However, Field Engineer does not function as a traditional job board, which could be an issue for employers who want a more localized hiring focus and access to conventional job posting features.
- For employers, it's free to open an account and post job vacancies.
- Field Engineer is completely remote-based, making it easy for employers to connect with international applicants.
- The platform streamlines the job search by finding and vetting professional engineers.
- Field Engineer offers a mobile app that's available on both Android and iOS devices.
- Employers can use their personalized dashboards to track jobs and communicate with engineers.
- Payment for each project is deducted and safeguarded by Field Engineer before the project is completed.
- The platform offers a targeted approach to hiring candidates in the engineering field.
- Field Engineer is capable of integrating with third-party applications, including Oracle, Salesforce, and Microsoft.
- Employers can search and sort engineers who apply for jobs by location, rating, experience, and costs.
- Field Engineer allows employers to use job ad templates to automate the process.
- Employers based outside of the U.S. who fund their account with a credit card are charged an additional 2.75% of the project.
- The site is not seen as a job board and therefore lacks certain features, such as job distribution and social media sharing.
- Jobs are only advertised to engineers registered on the site, which could limit the candidate pool.
- The platform does not allow access to a traditional resume database.
- Employers have to load funds onto their accounts before they can post a vacancy.
- There is no dedicated website or customer support team for U.K. users.
While there are a limited number of reviews of Field Engineer available online, there are a handful or reviews on Trustpilot that averaged a 4-star rating. All of the reviews praised the platform and labeled it as the best source for hiring freelancers thanks to its excellent customer service and reasonable costs.
The platform received similar compliments on G2, where there are three reviews that averaged a 5-star rating. Here, customers commended the company for its remote hiring capabilities.
For employers, it's free to post projects on the website. Only engineers who are hired to work on projects are charged a 10% service fee. However, non-U.S.-based employers who fund their accounts with credit cards are charged an additional 2.75% of the project.
Field Engineer vs. Technojobs:
Technojobs and Field Engineer are both niche job boards that advertise engineering roles. While Field Engineer is a globally-recognized platform that does not charge for job posts, Technojobs' prices start at £440.00 +VAT per post, making it the costlier option. However, for local hiring, Technojobs stands out as the best option.
Field Engineer vs. Totaljobs:
With Totaljobs, employers can advertise jobs in various industries, including telecommunications, but pricing starts at £89.00 +VAT per post for first-time customers. Thereafter, the price increases to £169.00 +VAT per post. Field Engineer, on the other hand, is free for employers and includes international exposure, benefitting remote businesses.
Field Engineer vs. JobisJob:
Both Field Engineer and JobisJob offer great international exposure, but that's where their similarities end. With JobisJob, prices start at £50.00 for two job posts, making it a competitively-priced option. However, Field Engineer has a more targeted hiring approach, and employers can post project vacancies for free.