CLNx offers free job postings on its two job boards. These include the "Off-campus" job board that advertises paid positions and the "Volunteer" job board that is designed for part-time and short-term unpaid job opportunities.
The CLNx job board connects employers to a qualified network of more than 100,000 students and recent graduates from the University of Toronto. The platform allows employers to post jobs directly to the school's two job portals for full-time off-campus and volunteer jobs.
While CLNx offers a free job posting service, the platform lacks advanced hiring solutions, such as featured listings, candidate matching, applicant tracking, and employer branding. However, employers are given access to a highly defined audience of local, early-career professionals.
- CLNx has a network of more than 100,000 students and graduates from all three campuses of the University of Toronto.
- Employers are able to advertise full-time, part-time, volunteer, and holiday jobs for free.
- Options to customize job posts to a specific academic program are available.
- Employers can interview candidates on any of the three campuses free of charge.
- Listings include resume filtering to help find relevant candidates fast.
- The platform hosts two different job boards, namely the Off-campus job board and the Volunteer job board.
- Employers can partner with the university to become part of its Experiential Learning programs.
- A waiting period of three to five business days is needed for the approval of job postings.
- Employers might have difficulty navigating from the website to the job boards.
While we were unable to find any reviews of CLNx's job posting services, StudyPortals Masters, a website that rates universities globally according to their performance and the employability of their students, gave the University of Toronto a rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars.
How to Post a Job on the CLNx Job Board:
Four easy steps for posting a job on the CLNx job board.
Posting a job on the CLNx job board.
Navigate to the home page.
Navigate to the home page of the University of Toronto Career and Co-Curricular Learning Network.
Click on the "EMPLOYERS & PARTNERS" button.
Find and click on the "EMPLOYERS & PARTNERS" button toward the top-right of the page. From the drop-down menu, select "POST JOBS."
Read the instructions.
Read the instructions on the "Post Jobs" page to ensure eligibility for posting.
In the bottom-left corner of the instructions page, click on "Register for CLNx access."
Complete the online registration form.
Complete the online registration form, follow the prompts, and wait for approval from the University of Toronto Career and Co-Curricular Learning Network. After approval has been given, you can create and post a job on the platform.
CLNx Job Board vs. TorontoJobs.ca:
Like the CLNx job board, TorontoJobs.ca primarily advertises jobs in the Toronto area. While TorontoJobs.ca is a general job board, the CLNx job board is aimed at students and recent graduates of UT, offering employers in search of early-career talent a more targeted reach. The CLNx job board offers a free job posting service, whereas TorontoJobs.ca charges C$149.00 for a single listing.
CLNx Job Board vs. CFA Society Toronto Career Centre:
Both local job boards, the CLNx job board primarily caters to UT students and recent graduates, whereas the CFA Society Toronto's career centre lists roles for registered chartered financial analysts. While the CLNx job board is free, CFA Society charges C$1,200.00 per post for first-time users. However, the site offers employers access to a niche talent pool.
CLNx Job Board vs. JVS Toronto:
As opposed to CLNx, the purpose of which is to connect employers with UT students and graduates, JVS Toronto is a membership organization with a general job board aimed at employers wanting to diversify their workforce. Both platforms offer quite basic job boards and free job postings, with no additional recruitment features.