Snagajob advertises that job postings start at US$89.00 per post, per month. They also mention that employers can create targeted campaigns and only pay for results with a pay-for-performance model. Interested parties should contact Snagajob for full pricing details.
Snagajob is an online job board that mainly serves employers looking for hourly staff. The site offers excellent hiring features such as applicant tracking, a screening system, and the ability to schedule shifts.
The site was founded in the U.S. but features jobs based in Canada as well. Visitors from Canada make up less than 1% of total traffic to the site, and there are no employees or offices based in the country. There is no local support for employers, and pricing is only available in U.S. dollars.
- Employers can connect with more than 6 million hourly job seekers across the U.S. and Canada.
- Businesses can create a custom career site on Snagajob.
- Employers can post hourly jobs directly on their career sites.
- Users are able to schedule shifts on the go.
- There is an option to purchase a pay-for-performance package.
- Employers can screen candidates with follow-up questions.
- The site offers applicant tracking software.
- Employers can schedule interviews online.
- The platform offers e-verifying integration for staff onboarding.
- There is a mobile app for job seekers and employers.
- Snagajob primarily focuses on hourly and in-demand jobs and does not cater to all job seekers.
- Users have noted that there are not many jobs outside of the retail industry on the site.
- Because clients have to submit a form for customer services, there have been complaints of slow response times.
- Less than 1% of visitors to the site are from Canada.
- There is no local support for Canadian employers.
- The website does not offer a French version.
Reviews on G2 give Snagajob a rating of 3.4 out of 5 with very mixed reports from clients. Customer reviews on Sitejabber give the site a 1.4-star rating based on more than 50 reviews. Some users noted their disappointment about Snagajob's unwillingness to temporarily suspend or terminate their contracts during the Covid-19 pandemic.
How to Post a Job on Snagajob:
- Go to Snagajob's home page.
- Click on "Post a Job" toward the top-right corner.
- On the next page, click on the blue "Post a job" button.
- Complete the online form and click on "Sign Up For Free."
- Complete a series of forms with details about the job.
- Enter your credit card information and billing address.
- Click on "Save and Subscribe."
Snagajob vs. Job Bank:
Job Bank is the Canadian government's official job board and advertises general vacancies. In comparison, Snagajob primarily lists hourly and shift work and has a much smaller audience in Canada than Job Bank. While Snagajob charges US$89.00 for a listing, Job Bank is a free job posting service, making the latter site more affordable.
Snagajob vs. Talent.com:
Talent.com is an international company with a Canadian job board. It is free to post a job, while Snagajob's pricing starts at US$89.00 per post. Talent.com integrates with third-party applicant tracking systems, but Snagajob offers its own. Snagajob also allows employers to book shifts on the site, a feature that Talent.com lacks.
Snagajob vs. Eluta.ca:
Eluta.ca is a general Canadian job site with no special focus, whereas Snagajob serves the hourly and in-demand job market across North America. While more affordable than Snagajob, thanks to its free posting option, Eluta.ca has fewer features for employers, such as applicant software.