From US$250.00 /mo.
Contact for quote.
*The Pro and Team plan includes curated hiring add-ons.
AngelList is a popular global tech startup network and its recruiting tool has assisted over 100,000 startup companies of all sizes to hire tech talent. Canadian employers can post unlimited jobs at no cost and global job seekers can explore over 2 million tech and startup job opportunities for free.
The site was launched in the U.S. in 2010 and is located in San Fransisco. While AngelList may not have local offices, they regard Canada as one of the most attractive startup markets. AngelList caters to a local and an international audience, and is a good choice if you're looking to attract a global workforce to your jobs in Canada.
- Employers are connected with AngelList's international network of over 8 million users.
- The platform offers unlimited free and paid global job posting plans.
- Free job listings include company profiles and logos.
- The paid Pro plan offers a 7-day free trial.
- Paid plans include promoted job posting options.
- Employers can access profiles of over three million local and global job seekers.
- Local tech startups can list their remote job positions and attract global applications.
- The site features free brand promotion pages.
- Employers receive inbound applications from active job seekers.
- Advanced search filters help employers to find passive candidates.
- The site offers built-in applicant tracking system (ATS) compatibility.
- The site only caters to tech startup companies.
- There is no dedicated job posting site for Canadian employers.
- Prices are only available in U.S. dollars.
- The free Starter plan limits candidate views.
- French-speaking Canadian employers need to post their jobs via the global English site.
- Candidate matching is not included.
AngelList receives mixed reviews from users. Half of the reviews on Trustpilot is about AngelList as an investment vehicle and are negative, but users find AngelList to be an effective way to connect businesses with talent. One user said they think the platform could do more to monitor activity and alert users to expired posts or applications.
How to Post a Job on AngelList:
Three easy steps for posting a job ad on AngelList.
Posting a job on AngelList.
Go to AngelList's website.
From the home page click on "Find Talent" on the left-hand side of the center screen.
Set up your account.
On the next page, click on "Sign up now." Add your details to the online form and click on "Sign up."
Verify your information via email to activate your account.
On your dasboard, click on "Let's get started" and follow the prompts to set up your account.
Create and post your job.
You'll then be able to create and post your listing.
Search Resumes for Free on AngelList:
- Navigate to www.angel.co/.
- Sign up or log in to your account.
- Click on "Source" on the left.
- Enter your keyword(s), role, location, years of experience, etc.
- Click on "Search."
AngelList vs. Canada's Association of IT Professionals (CAIT):
AngelList and CAIT differ in that AngelList allows unlimited free and paid tech startup job posting options, whereas CAIT only offers paid plan, starting at C$300.00 per posting. AngelList has a wide global reach, while CIPS is a local niche site for tech jobs, offering more targeted hiring solutions.
AngelList vs. BetaKit:
AngelList focuses on global tech start-up company jobs, while BetaKit is an independent online news platform that caters to the Canadian tech and startup industries. AngelList offers free and paid job posting plans, whereas BetaKit's pricing starts at C$300.00 for a single job posting.
AngelList vs. ITjobs.ca:
AngelList primarily serves the global tech startup environment and offers employers free and paid job posting plans. In comparison, ITjobs.ca is affiliated with the Jobs.ca site and features a local technology, software engineering, and IT job board, with prices starting at C$325.00 for a single job post.
What is AngelList?
AngelList is a popular international tech startup community. Canadian startup companies can use AngelList to find investors and build their tech teams.
How much does it cost to post a job on AngelList?
AngelList's pricing options include free, unlimited job postings. Their paid plans start at US$250.00 per month.
How do I register an AngelList account?
- Navigate to the AngelList home page.
- Click on "Join" in the top-right corner of the page.
- Fill in the online form, including your full name, email address, and a unique password.
- Click on the blue "Sign up" button.
- Verify your account information via email to activate your account.
Can you search resumes free on AngelList?
Yes. AngelList's free Starter plan allows a limited number of candidate views at no cost.
Is AngelList any good?
As a site for finding new employees for your start-up, AngelList offers great features. Canadian employers can post unlimited global jobs for free, access millions of profiles, use a tool to find passive candidates, and track applicants. If you're not a start-up tech company, however, it might not be the right choice.