US$375.00 - US$3,000.00 /post.
Social media promotion
Job board syndication
Phone and email.
AgCareers.com merged with Jobhog.net in 2003 to become a singular recruitment platform for the global agricultural and food industries. The site features a number of tools to aid the hiring process, such as 60-day job listings, a resume database, and social media promotion, allowing employers to connect with top agricultural professionals.
Although AgCareers.com is costlier than most competitors, its range of job posting plans, recruitment resources, and large specialized focus make it a great hiring platform for employers.
- AgCareers.com is a niche, global job board dedicated to the farming, agricultural, and food sectors.
- The platform features a resume database of agricultural candidates.
- AgCareers.com offers customized social media job posts for increased exposure.
- All job posts are active for 60 days.
- The "Maximum Posting Exposure" plan includes job posts in their digital newsletter with over 175,000 subscribers.
- The "Custom Talent Sourcing" plans include direct communication tools with targeted professionals.
- Job seekers can specify the country, state, and city for email alerts to connect with local employers.
- The platform features additional resources, such as career fairs, industry news, workshops, and educational programs.
- Users can track and manage applicants from their employer dashboard.
- The company has local offices and customer support in Canada.
- There is no free job posting option.
- Job posts are not syndicated to other job boards.
- The platform is costlier than competitors, such as FoodWork.ca and Good Food Jobs.
- Resume database access is limited to two weeks with the "Standard" and "Maximum Posting Exposure" plans.
- Pricing is only available in U.S. dollars.
- The website is not available in French.
We were unable to find any online reviews of AgCareers.com.
1 Job Posting**
Maximum Posting Exposure
Custom Talent Sourcing (Jobs under US$80k)
Custom Talent Sourcing (Jobs over US$80k)
Resume Database Access
*For additional talent sourcing options and larger packages, employers should contact AgCareers.com via email.
**Users receive a discount when purchasing multiple job postings.
How to Post a Job on AgCareers.com:
Six easy steps for posting a job on AgCareers.com.
Posting a job on AgCareers.com.
Navigate to the AgCareers.com home page.
From the home page, hover over "Employers" in the top menu bar and select "Setup Account" from the drop-down menu.
Register as an employer.
Fill out the online form with your details and click on "Create Account" toward the bottom of the page.
Select a job posting package.
Click on the "POST A JOB" button in the top menu bar. On the next page, scroll down and select a job posting plan by clicking on "Purchase" beneath the appropriate package.
Review your shopping cart.
Review your order and select any additional add-ons by specifying the number of products you would like to purchase. Once complete, click on "Next" toward the bottom of the page.
If you have a discount code, you can enter it on this page.
Complete the payment process.
Ensure that your order is correct and click on "Next" toward the bottom of the page. Specify your billing address and payment method before clicking on "Checkout."
Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the purchase.
Create your job post.
Once the payment is complete, you'll be able to create your job post. Remember to keep your ad clear and concise. Topics that should be discussed in your job ad include compensation, location, responsibilities, and requirements.
Use Betterteam's job description template to help structure your job post.
AgCareers.com vs. FoodWork.ca:
FoodWork.ca caters exclusively to the Canadian agricultural and food job market, whereas AgCareers.com is a global job board. FoodWork.ca features job board syndication and social media promotion, and is more affordable than AgCareers.com, charging a standard rate of C$100.00 per job post, offering employers greater value and exposure.
AgCareers.com vs. Good Food Jobs:
Both Good Food Jobs and AgCareers.com cater primarily to the U.S. job market. Good Food Jobs is the more affordable option with pricing starting from US$60.00 per job post. However, AgCareers.com has a much larger presence in Canada and features social media promotion, which Good Food Jobs lacks, making it the better option for local employers.
AgCareers.com vs. Job Bank:
Job Bank is the Canadian government's official job board and offers a free job posting service, whereas AgCareers.com only features paid job posting plans starting from US$375.00 per job post. While Job Bank has a large presence in Canada, it is a general job board, whereas AgCareers.com targets a specific farming and agricultural niche.