US$375.00 - US$3,000.00 /post.
Social media promotion
Job board syndication
Phone and email.
AgCareers.com merged with Jobhog.net in 2003 to become a singular recruitment platform for the global agricultural and food industries. The site's 60-day job postings, resume database, and social media exposure make it easy for employers to reach a global audience of food and farming professionals.
While AgCareers.com is one of the world's leading farming job boards, it is costlier than most competitors and has no local offices or customer support in Australia. However, its range of hiring features and job posting plans make it a great option for Australian employers.
- AgCareers.com is a niche, global job board dedicated to the farming, agricultural, and food sectors.
- The platform features a resume database of agricultural candidates.
- AgCareers.com offers customized social media job posts for increased exposure.
- All job posts are active for 60 days.
- All job posts include a company logo.
- The "Maximum Posting Exposure" plan includes job posts in their digital newsletter with over 175,000 subscribers.
- The "Custom Talent Sourcing" plans include direct communication tools with targeted professionals.
- Job seekers can specify the country, state, and city for email alerts to connect with local employers.
- The platform features additional resources, such as career fairs, industry news, workshops, and educational programs.
- Users can track and manage applicants from their employer dashboard.
- There is no free job posting option.
- Job posts are not syndicated to other job boards.
- The platform is costlier than competitors, such as Farm-Based Education Network and Workforce Australia.
- Resume database access is limited to two weeks with the "Standard" and "Maximum Posting Exposure" plans.
- Pricing is only available in U.S. dollars.
- There are no local offices or customer support channels in Australia.
We were unable to find any online reviews of AgCareers.com.
1 Job Posting**
Maximum Posting Exposure
Custom Talent Sourcing (Jobs under $80k)
Custom Talent Sourcing (Jobs over $80k)
Resume Database Access
*For additional talent sourcing options and larger packages, employers should contact AgCareers.com via email.
**Users receive a discount when purchasing multiple job postings.
How to Post a Job on AgCareers.com:
Six easy steps for posting a job on AgCareers.com.
Posting a job on AgCareers.com.
Navigate to the AgCareers.com home page.
From the home page, hover over "Employers" in the top menu bar and select "Setup Account" from the drop-down menu.
Register as an employer.
Fill out the online form with your details and click on "Create Account" toward the bottom of the page.
Select a job posting package.
Click on the "POST A JOB" button in the top menu bar. On the next page, scroll down and select a job posting plan by clicking on "Purchase" beneath the appropriate package.
Review your shopping cart.
Review your order and select any additional add-ons by specifying the number of products you would like to purchase. Once complete, click on "Next" toward the bottom of the page.
If you have a discount code, you can enter it on this page.
Complete the payment process.
Ensure that your order is correct and click on "Next" toward the bottom of the page. Specify your billing address and payment method before clicking on "Checkout."
Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the purchase.
Create your job post.
Once the payment is complete, you'll be able to create your job post. Remember to keep your ad clear and concise. Topics that should be discussed in your job ad include compensation, location, responsibilities, and requirements.
Use Betterteam's job description template to help structure your job post.
AgCareers.com vs. SEEK:
SEEK is one of Australia's largest job boards and offers employers access to a network of over 26 million job seekers. The platform features variable pricing depending on the job and location, making it difficult to judge its affordability. However, AgCareers.com has a niche focus and may be the better option for targeted hiring.
AgCareers.com vs. Workforce Australia:
Workforce Australia is a job board run by the Australian government and features a free job posting service, making it much more affordable than AgCareers.com, which charges US$375.00 for a single job posting. Workforce Australia is a general job board, whereas AgCareers.com offers employers access to a specialized, global audience of professionals.
AgCareers.com vs. AgriculturalCrossing:
Like AgCareers.com, AgriculturalCrossing is a farming job board. While both sites are based in the U.S. and feature pricing in U.S. dollars, AgriculturalCrossing has a greater Australian following. While AgCareers.com lacks any free posting options, AgriculturalCrossing offers users a 14-day free trial.