*Employers interested in upgrading their job post can scroll to the bottom of the platform's listing page for more details.
Remotive aims to streamline the hiring process by allowing employers to post their remote job opportunities at affordable rates and find quality staff members fast. The site uses a simple interface for easy navigation, ensuring job seekers can search for employers by name, and filter job opportunities using categories, keywords, and titles.
Remotive does not receive high traffic from Australia, but it is still a useful place for Australian employers to find high-quality staff from around the world. There are at least 6 profiles for Australian companies on the site, and more than 60 companies looking to hire Australians for remote positions.
- Local brands such as PropertyNow, coreplus, Split Payments, and PreviousNext use the site to find remote hires.
- Employers can access talent from a network of more than 30,000 tech-savvy candidates.
- Job categories include software development, business and management, sales, education, copywriting, and more.
- Listings are emailed, tweeted, and shared through Google Jobs Careers Network and Slack.
- Candidates can search for jobs through remote companies to find vacancies easily.
- The platform has a user-friendly interface with great filtering options to help candidates find their job postings fast.
- Discounts are available for non-profit organizations.
- There are special offers on bulk postings.
- Employers can create professional profile pages and job ads with company logos.
- Pricing is not available in Australian dollars.
- There are more affordable job boards, such as Adzuna, where remote positions can be advertised.
- They receive low traffic from Australia, so Remotive is not the best choice for employers looking for local hires.
- Listings must be renewed after 30 days and employers are charged the full price of the posting each time they renew.
- There is no resume database or free posting options.
- The site lacks local customer support.
Remotive enjoys a solid reputation among remote professionals and is seen as a trusted source for remote job opportunities. More than 60 users on Product Hunt report high customer satisfaction and give the job board a 4.9 out of 5-star rating.
How to Post a Job on Remotive:
Four easy steps for posting a job on Remotive.
Posting a job on Remotive.
Go to Remotive's home page.
On the home page, click on "For Employers" in the top-right corner. Then, click on "Post a Job" in the same corner.
Start the job posting process.
Fill out the online form with details about your listing, such as the job title, category, region, and description. Scroll down and add your company and billing information to the applicable fields.
You also have the option of adding a pre-written job description from your ATS by clicking on "Import a job."
Under "Get More Visibility," you can choose between three job posting plans by clicking on "Select this plan."
Under "Help your ad stand out," tick the boxes of upgrades you'd like to add to your listing.
Once you're done, click on "Preview Job" in the bottom-right corner.
Review your job post.
Read through your listing to ensure that the information you've provided is correct. When you're ready to continue, click on "Confirm & Pay."
You can edit your job post by clicking on "I'd like to make changes to my listing."
Complete your payment.
Confirm your payment details and pay for your job ad.
Remotive vs. Adzuna:
Unlike Remotive, Adzuna receives almost 90% of its traffic from Australia, making it a great place to source local remote workers. Both platforms lack free posting options, but Adzuna's basic posting costs A$199.00 +GST, while Remotive's basic posting is US$299.00. Adzuna also offers ATS and a free mobile app, which Remotive lacks.
Remotive vs. Gumtree Jobs:
For finding local talent, Gumtree Jobs is a better option, offering more affordable posting packages and access to millions of job seekers each month. However, you won't find global talent on Gumtree Jobs, and because the platform isn't a remote job board, those seeking remote work may not necessarily use it.
Remotive vs. SEEK:
SEEK is a job board with most of its traffic coming from New Zealand and Australia, while Remotive has a more global reach. SEEK offers many additional services that Remotive lacks, such as resume searches, applicant tracking, and personalized messages.
How much does Remotive cost?
Remotive pricing starts from US$299.00 for a basic job post, with additional upgrades available.
What does it mean if a job is remote?
A job is considered remote if it can be performed from locations that do not fit the definition of a traditional office environment. Remote jobs may involve working from home, coffee shops, restaurants, libraries, co-working spaces, and more.