The standard fee for listing a job on SkipTheDrive is US$99.00. Payments are made with PayPal and your position will be advertised for a period of 30 days. If you are unsatisfied with your job listing, you can request all of your money back.
SkipTheDrive helps employers find the best remote talent across a wide range of fields. While the site only offers one paid posting plan, employers can also take advantage of other advertising solutions, such as sponsored content, promotion on social media channels, and banner ads, for increased brand exposure.
Similar to other niche sites for remote jobs, such as We Work Remotely, FlexJobs, and Jobspresso, SkipTheDrive caters to an international audience but is considerably more affordable. However, Australian employers looking to recruit local talent may have more success with major Australia-focused platforms, such as SEEK.
- The job posting process is fast and straightforward.
- Jop postings are active for 30 days.
- Paid job postings are indexed by search engines and sent to job seekers who signed up for job alerts with related keywords.
- The platform attracts a niche audience by strictly limiting postings on their site to positions relevant to remote work.
- The platform is more affordable than other niche sites, such as We Work Remotely, FlexJobs, and Jobspresso.
- Employers don't have to register an account to post a job.
- The site caters to an international audience, although the largest proportion of site visits come from within the U.S.
- SkipTheDrive offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee, offering to provide a full refund within 30 days of a job being posted.
- The site also offers additional advertising solutions, including sponsored content and banner ads.
- There is no free job posting option or trial period.
- The site does not feature a resume database, applicant tracking system, or candidate matching tools.
- Pricing is not available in Australian dollars.
SkipTheDrive has a rating of 5 out of 5 stars on Facebook, based on the opinions of a handful of people.
How to Post a Job on SkipTheDrive:
Three easy steps for posting a job on SkipTheDrive.
Posting a job on SkipTheDrive.
Navigate to the SkipTheDrive home page.
From the home page, click on "Post a Job" in the top-right corner of the page.
Create your job post.
Fill out the online form with your vacancy details, such as job category, location, and job description. Once complete, click on "Submit" toward the bottom of the page.
Use Betterteam's job description template to help structure your job post.
Complete the payment and post your job.
Log in to your PayPal account and pay for your job posting. Once payment has been made, your job post will be reviewed and you will be emailed the link with your job posting when it's been published. This process can take up to 24 hours.
SkipTheDrive vs. SEEK:
SEEK, a general and highly trafficked Australian job board, offers a far larger local target audience than SkipTheDrive, making it the more attractive option when recruiting candidates based in Australia. SkipTheDrive, on the other hand, offers access to a smaller but more defined audience of internationally-based remote workers.
SkipTheDrive vs. We Work Remotely:
We Work Remotely boasts a larger audience reach than SkipTheDrive but also has a much steeper starting price per post. Unlike SkipTheDrive, We Work Remotely offers optional upgrades to further enhance job post visibility. However, Skip The Drive offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee or a full refund, which We Work Remotely doesn't.
SkipTheDrive vs. Jobspresso:
Although Jobspresso's pricing starts at US$299.00, their job listings are active for 90 days, as opposed to SkipTheDrive's price of US$99.00 for 30 days. Unlike SkipTheDrive, Jobspresso makes it easy to target Australia-based job seekers and offers more features, including access to a candidate database.